Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:21 AM

1,895 posts, read 5,923,149 times

Advertisements

My son and I happened to drive past a chinese restaurant this summer and the name of it was "Number 2 Chinese Restaurant" (or "Chinese Restaurant Number 2- the sign was kind of hard to tell which order the words should be in). My son, with his dry humor, asked if they sold pu-pu platters... (would you order poo-poo from the Number 2 restaurant? lol..). I don't think we will ever eat at a Chinese restaurant again without snickering a little bit...

And (let me say he's 9, so potty humor is pretty big right now) once he was sitting next to our kitten and the kitten had a very stinky fart, so since then anything that smells bad, he will say "At least it smells better than a kitten fart!"

*embarrassed*

And ps- he also does the "Chicken Butt" thing- got it from his cousin. Maybe it's from a cartoon or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 08:47 AM

2,839 posts, read 10,010,491 times
If the kids complain about what we're having for dinner, I threaten to make "disgusting noodles." Which is odd, really, because they both love pasta! I don't even know where that came from, but they throw a mock fit after I say it.

Anyone who is complaining excessively about his or her sibling gets asked, "would you like me to send him/her to the free pile?" That usually brings out a laugh, but occasionally it brings out a "YES!" from the insulted party. The free pile refers to the times that we put something out in the front yard marked "free" for the taking, by the way.

For some reason, the kids think that the word "foul" is exceptionally funny. If they are play-arguing, one of them will usually shout "you are so FOUL!" and they erupt in a pile of giggles. I'm not sure what they think foul means, LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting