Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:49 PM

168 posts, read 672,401 times

Advertisements

We're having an in-house party with friends and relatives invited over, too, complete with:

* trimming the house inside and out in "fun-scary" (as opposed to "causing nightmares" scary),
* all of us, from youngest to oldest, dressing up
* playing "scary" music all night outside and in
* having a dinner with head-on roast suckling pig, surrounded by vegetables and pasta dressed up as various eyes and simulated worms, including "frog eyes" dessert
* taking turns handing out candy and being "the best" trick or treat entertainer, winner gets a cash prize

What are your plans and fun activities for the night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 12:54 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,979,824 times
The night before, we're going to go to a Family Fun Fest at church.

The night of, I'm not sure. We just moved from a very warm climate to the cold northeast, and the kids totally don't get that they can't wear costumes with nothing underneath or over. My daughter is convinced that she's going to go trick or treating in her ballet outfit. Sure, last year she could have gone trick or treating at night in a leotard and tights, but not here! Yikes! I think we're going to have to find soemthing indoors to do!

Old 10-19-2008, 01:00 PM

Haha. I'm laughing. Yeah. Cold is very tough on cool costumery. And kids who are at that age when "looking cool" is so very important, always prefer to freeze to death than to wear a warm coat and long johns...until they really are turning blue with cold and are begging for their coats and to be taken home. Then comes the sniffles and fevers!

Old 10-19-2008, 01:56 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,708,001 times
The day before we are going to a party/festival with pony rides. The night of we are going to a friend's house whose neighborhood goes all out with decorations. Have fun!

Old 10-19-2008, 04:04 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
The past few years we have gone trick or treating at the Mall Of America. The stores hand out treats and the kids go on a few rides and we eat dinner there.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:44 PM

589 posts, read 1,635,303 times
We will likely go to the mall or one of the local churches that are doing a Trunk n Treat. Today our church had our fall festival and parade.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
We are staying home and wait for the trick or treaters with our usual scary mask on. I still enjoy seeing all the kids dressed up.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:53 PM

I love seeing the kids all dressed up, all excited and showing off their costumes. I don't much enjoy the teens around here. They seem bent on destruction -- breaking windows, egging cars left out, terrorizing the elderly. That's part of the reason for the house party this year. I'm bringing over a couple of the elderly neighbors, too -- the ones who don't mind Halloween, that is. I'm hoping the others can spend the evening at their churches.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:48 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,067,984 times
We are going to our local Girl Scout Halloween Party. Juliette Low was the founder of Girl Scouting in the US and her birthday is October 31. Our county troops always have a Birthday Party for Juliette Low. The older girls (6th grade and up) plan it and run it for the younger ones. It is truely a blast!!!!!! Halloween night is football for our High School team. I don't know how many Trick or Treaters we will get, mostly we get girls from my Girl Scout Troops (I have 4 troops). Plus all the other girls in the area that know I am a Leader come around...just because they know me and we always do something fun. Have fun!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okpondlady View Post
We are going to our local Girl Scout Halloween Party. Juliette Low was the founder of Girl Scouting in the US and her birthday is October 31. Our county troops always have a Birthday Party for Juliette Low. The older girls (6th grade and up) plan it and run it for the younger ones. It is truely a blast!!!!!! Halloween night is football for our High School team. I don't know how many Trick or Treaters we will get, mostly we get girls from my Girl Scout Troops (I have 4 troops). Plus all the other girls in the area that know I am a Leader come around...just because they know me and we always do something fun. Have fun!!!!!!!
You lead F-O-U-R troops? OMG. I'd love to have even a quarter of your stamina! Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting