Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:38 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,419,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
The mother is not a surrogate. She and Clay live together and raise the child together. They are very close friends. The child has a mother and a father, in the same home. He discusses this in the latest People magazine.
I just read that too - I didn't know the situation. I think Ricky Martin said his baby was conceived through surrogacy. When's Ricky coming out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 12:55 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,073,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
I can't get over the statement that his mom was "stunned". For Real? Seriously?
I didn't go into any depth of reading about the news, it's a snore. Is she stunned that he's gay, or that he came out? Being a well-bred, conservative Baptist southern lady, I suspect it's the latter (I live in North Carolina; have been exposed to these magnolia females for decades; so I know whereof I speak). Look at how she writes about him in the church newsletter

Leesville Baptist Church: Clay Aiken (http://www.leesvillebaptist.com/clayaiken.html - broken link)

Old 09-26-2008, 10:26 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,419,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
I didn't go into any depth of reading about the news, it's a snore. Is she stunned that he's gay, or that he came out? Being a well-bred, conservative Baptist southern lady, I suspect it's the latter (I live in North Carolina; have been exposed to these magnolia females for decades; so I know whereof I speak). Look at how she writes about him in the church newsletter

Leesville Baptist Church: Clay Aiken (http://www.leesvillebaptist.com/clayaiken.html - broken link)
I'm thinkin' Clay is out of the will! But with his cash, no worries.

I'm gay, recently had children through egg donor/surrogate, and have conservative, right wing nut evangelical parents. The odd thing is, although they told me I was going to hell and my having children was a sign of the end times, now they suddenly call to see how the babies are doing, have outed me to the entire family (they requested when I came out to them 15 years ago that I not tell anyone else in the family because it was embarassing) in order to brag about their grandchildren, and are coming to visit them (they live over 1000 miles away). Prior to my producing grandchildren for them, they NEVER contacted me unless they directly wanted something, haven't come to see me in over 10 years, etc.

I no longer think I even love my parents because of the way they've treated me, but people told me that babies would change their opinion, or at least how they treated me. Clay may be surprised.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:14 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,560,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
The mother is not a surrogate. She and Clay live together and raise the child together. They are very close friends. The child has a mother and a father, in the same home. He discusses this in the latest People magazine.
This seems like it could get sticky in the future. Clay and his friend had this child together, currently live together, and plan to raise the child together. But what happens when one or both of them get into romantic relationships? Will they all live together? And if not, who gets custody of the child?

Old 09-27-2008, 05:41 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,816,597 times
The only thing I have a problem with, is his having his infant son on the front of the magazine where he announces he is gay.
Kindof like using him as a shield: "Don't hate me, I have a baby."
But I watched the interview snippet on youtube with Diane Sawyer, and was impressed with him; he seems like a genuinely nice man.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:58 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,488,983 times
Did he really have to make a big announcement like that ?
If somebody didnt already know they had their heads in the clouds. I am about as shocked at this as I was when I was told Elton John was gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting