Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 01:10 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,898,660 times

Advertisements

'I pulled, and pulled and pulled the door open, and then grabbed him. Something just gave me a lot of strength to get him out."

Breitbart.tv » Miami Boy Recovers From Near-Death Ordeal Inside Industrial Washing Machine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 08:47 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,087,942 times
She never said where she was watching him or what he was supposed to be doing. But you KNOW she is going to sue them, she said so. Good Lord, she should have been watching that kid. This is exactly why I hate laundrymats.. people let their kids run wild "playing" while they are doing laundry. I hope that little boy recovers from his mother's inattention.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:37 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,383,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okpondlady View Post
She never said where she was watching him or what he was supposed to be doing. But you KNOW she is going to sue them, she said so. Good Lord, she should have been watching that kid. This is exactly why I hate laundrymats.. people let their kids run wild "playing" while they are doing laundry. I hope that little boy recovers from his mother's inattention.

Oh, come on please.................

She said that she was feeding her three week old baby. She was not chatting with some lady, or reading a magazine.

And I am sorry, the guy at the laundromat said the machine was broken, and if it was how the hell did it start? Why was there no sign on it with it's door taped shut?

Do not blame the mother on this one. The kid was seven years old. Obviously a mischievous child or he wouldn't have been in the machine in the first place, but a 7 year old just the same.

Don't pick on an obviously overwhelmed mother. Do you think she wanted to take 3 kids to the laundromat with her? Or should she have paid a babysitter $10 per hour to sit with her kids while she did the laundry?

I hate laundromats because there is nothing for children to do there while waiting for the laundry to be done. would it be so hard for these places to make a small sitting area for kids with a tv with cartoons or some books? I am sorry, but it is hard enough for people to lug their laundry and other laundry related paraphernalia without having to bring an array of toys to entertain their children.

Frankly the manufacturers of these machines should be sued. This should not be able to happen with any machine. It is a danger to children, obviously. You should have to close the door and press a button from the outside to start it. not press the buttons and the machine starts whenever the door is shut.

I do recall climbing into the dryer when I was a child.
and my mother told me stories of dead kids being found in abandoned old refrigerators where the door shut on the kids and they couldn't get it open. These stunts are not out of the realm of normal child behavior, esp. at the age of 7.

It is unfortunate that it took this tragedy to show this poor feature in a washing machine.

And the a**hole announcer should be fired from his job as it seemed he could hardly keep a straight face when announcing the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting