Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:50 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

"She was like shocked, holding her head you know and that was scaring the hell out of me."

Breitbart.tv » 12-Year-Old Stabbed In Neck By Another Kid’s Mom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 10:01 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
I hate to blame the victim, but in this case, it sounds like a bullying incident. I think that: because the girls were fighting, the one who wasn't stabbed is mentally challenged, and the girl who wasn't stabbed is in serious condition. How did she get in serious condition unless she was beaten badly before her mother showed up? The mother who did the stabbing was also mentally challenged. Interesting case.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:22 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
"She was like shocked, holding her head you know and that was scaring the hell out of me."

Breitbart.tv » 12-Year-Old Stabbed In Neck By Another Kid’s Mom

animals....people are nuts...

Old 07-23-2008, 10:24 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
WHEN oh WHEN does the Federal Government institute a "LICENSE to BREED"

Old 07-23-2008, 12:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
WHEN oh WHEN does the Federal Government institute a "LICENSE to BREED"
Would definitely be interesting to see how it would be implemented.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:17 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Move to china...They do that...

Wasnt loading..ugh..anyway

Whats wrong that she couldnt just knock a 12 year old out?
I mean if she was going to HAVE to be violent...
I dont know..But I think I could take most 12 year olds without a knife.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 PM

She was mentally handicapped.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:12 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,291,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
She was mentally handicapped.
This article seems to give more details:

cbs4.com - 12-year-old Girl Is Stabbed In North Miami Fight (http://cbs4.com/local/Girl.Stabbed.Mother.2.776313.html - broken link)

However, that article only mentions the daughter being mentally challenged. It says that the mom stabbed the girl because:

"Maria Corporal, Castillo's mother, says her daughter did it because she was trying to defend her girl. She says she did it only after they were trying to cut her granddaughter, who she says is mentally challenged."

So sad and senseless all around. I wonder whose knife it was? It mentions that the other girl (daughter of the one who did the stabbing) was also 12, and this woman is 26.. so she had her at age 14! Babies having babies, usually not a recipe for good things to come. And now this other child will lose her mother to prison.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:39 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,947,779 times
Kind of a digression, but somewhat on the topic of possibly unfit to reproduce. A friend and co-worker of mine tells the story of a girl who grew up in the town in Michigan he did. She was not fully mentally retarded, but did not have full mental faculties, either.

Anyway, because she was only partially mentally retarded, she lived a "somewhat" normal life. She had boyfriends, and had several children from different men. But, because of her mental condition, she could never raise them and they were all taken from her at different times.

Because, obviously, she couldn't hold a job that provided good medical coverage, the cost of the births was paid for by taxpayers.

I don't know the exact correctness to this next part (he's on vacation, so I can validate it with him) but for some reason she was part of a legal debate in that city. She wanted to get "fixed" (sterilized) so that she couldn't have any more children, but the courts said she didn't have a full enough cognizance to make that decision. But, they said, she was competent enough an individual that her parents couldn't make that decision for her either. So, essentially, they let her go out, where she continued (continues?) to make bad decisions and produce children that will be taken from her, time after time.

I'm not a huge proponent of government involvement in personal life issues, but what needs to happen here? I'm not sure.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:21 PM

Close to the end of the broadcast the reporter said that both the mother and the daughter are mentally challenged.

Rathagos, you brought up an important point--what do you do about mentally unfit people having children? In the bad old days, they used to tie their tubes, but now that is illegal. My grandmother used to work with mentally handicapped people and she said it was a real headache trying to keep them from getting pregnant--the ladies were very sneaky about spitting out "the pill". Another lady I knew--a wonderful woman who took in handicapped kids to foster--had to take 2 weeks off work once to go get her daughter's baby. The daughter stayed home a few weeks then was off with her boyfriend again and the lady couldn't do a thing about it. I don't know the answer to this either, but it's been going on a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting