Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, did you have a Mrs. Beasley doll?
yes 10 32.26%
no 21 67.74%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:25 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,211,553 times

Advertisements

I thought of the parenting forum for this one.

I had a Mrs. Beasley doll, traded it in for a Strawberry Shortcake doll.... and raised a few kids with Game Boy. From now to then......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,287,454 times
I got one for my 4th birthday. I LOVED that doll. It somehow got lost and my parents replaced it for me because I loved it so much!!

Old 07-04-2008, 09:48 AM

617 posts, read 2,072,437 times
I had a Kissy doll and a Chatty Cathy doll. I loved my Chatty Cathy doll the most.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:54 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
I remember Mrs. Beasly, from that show Family Affair. I never had one but I would have loved one because I loved that TV show.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:58 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
My friend got her sister one for Christmas a few years ago because when they were kids hers got lost. It was a great gift!

Old 07-04-2008, 10:16 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
I didn't have Mrs. Beasley, but I DID have the Buffy and Jody dolls.....they fit in quite nicely with my 20+ collection of various 'barbie' dolls, as little siblings. Gee what happened to them....

Remember the Brady Bunch?? Well the first record album I ever got was a Brady Bunch one!! Not sure how many albums they did as a group, probably just that one, LOL. I still remember one song was 'me & you & a dog named blue...' I thought I was so cool............is that pathetic or what????

Old 07-05-2008, 11:13 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy01 View Post
I had a Kissy doll and a Chatty Cathy doll. I loved my Chatty Cathy doll the most.
OMG, I had the same dolls! I used to think I was the only kid that ever had a Kissy Doll. I have a picture in my photo album of me opening up that Kissy doll on one of my birthdays.

I remember there was a time when I traded in my old Barbie for a Twist-And-Turn Barbie.

I also remember how resistant my parents were to advertising. Asking for a new doll or toy took days or weeks of negotiating with my parents. I had to save my money or it was "Wait til your birthday," or "Wait til Christmas." I was the kid on the block who always got the newest toys last.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:43 AM

617 posts, read 2,072,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
OMG, I had the same dolls! I used to think I was the only kid that ever had a Kissy Doll. I have a picture in my photo album of me opening up that Kissy doll on one of my birthdays.

I remember there was a time when I traded in my old Barbie for a Twist-And-Turn Barbie.
Oh, gosh. I remember twist-and-turn Barbie! I think mine is still at my mom's in her attic.

A few years ago, my mom bought two reproduction Chatty Cathy dolls for my sister and me. Then, for my sister's birthday, I bought her an original Kissy from ebay.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,931,469 times
My parents got me Mrs. Beasley when I was really small--maybe 4? Didn't she have a string that you could pull to hear her voice? Anyway, I did not like that doll--she really creeped me out. My mom loved her, though, and I can remember I would constantly try to "lose" her and my mom would keep "finding" her for me. Don't know what it was, but I just didn't like her. Come to think of it Mr. French scared me, too. Maybe I was just a weird kid

Old 12-07-2008, 12:01 AM

3 posts, read 12,260 times
I had a Mrs Beasley doll and was my absolute favorite. I slept with her all the time. Until my younger sister took a crayon to her face. Then my mom, couldn;t or wouldn;t get it off and she suddenly disappeared. I wish I still had her. My husband bought me the repro a few years ago but she isn;t the same. LOL SHe is still packed in the box up in my closet. LOL I still have an original Crissy doll with the hair that grows long and short in the original box. I also have a Walking Baby loves you doll. You squeeze her hands and her feet move. This one is still in orignal box with original plastic on her face. Got her when I was 12 (42 now) and thought I was too old for dolls anymore. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting