Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, did you have a Mrs. Beasley doll?
yes 10 32.26%
no 21 67.74%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:03 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,226,384 times

Advertisements

I always wanted a Walking Baby doll, but never got one. My mom is still holding on to my original Shirley Temple doll though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 08:10 AM

850 posts, read 3,163,514 times
My cousin had one - and still does. I wanted one so badly, but have no idea why I didn't get it. I loved that show, and can always remember watching it when I was home sick (which seemed like alot when I was little).

I would love to see that doll revived!

What about the original Raggedy Ann? I still have that one, and my Shirley Temple doll is packed away. I did have a crissy doll with the hair that grew - until I decided to cut it off. I was pretty handy with the scicors! Cut Cher's hair, too. It was WAY too long to try and dress her! lol!

Mom sold all my barbies and accessories several years back in a yard sale - I was so upset! Too bad, most were in mint condition.

Oh why can't things be as simple now as they were then?

Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 AM

2,358 posts, read 5,991,263 times
I desperately wanted a Mrs. Beasley doll, but never got one. However, I did have Chatty Cathy and since my name is Cathy, she was particularly beloved. My older brothers had me convinced that Chatty Cathy always needed to tell the truth. If she said "I hurt myself," my brothers said she really did have to hurt herself, so we'd stand at the top of the basement steps and pull her string. When it got to "I hurt myself," they'd make me hurl her down the steps. Nasty, nasty brothers . They also made my Barbies anatomically correct.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:04 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,569,903 times
Mrs Beasley was my absolute favorite toy as a child.

I lost her glasses so Dad drew news ones one. I used to brag that her glasses would NEVER fall off now.

My Mom performed many an "operation" on her (sewing her up)

If you want to find one... Google Vermont Country Store. They have them!

I want one but can't justify $100.00 for it right now.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:54 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,564,064 times
Mrs Beasley came along when my kids were very young..My youngest daughter at 5 years old was a profound "Tomboy"..No girly stuff for her
In fact I enrolled her in ballet classes with her older(by 2 yrs) very prissy sister..After the second lesson when I went to pick them up, the dance instructor, with frazzled nerves and a shaking voice informed me that little Diana should transfer to the acrobatic dancer class, because she just couldn't keep up with her..At the moment Diana had shinnied herself halfway up the center support pole..Anyway she loved Buffy, Jodi and Mrs Beasley, so I got her Mrs Beasley for Christmas..She loved her and was the only toy she actually played with. Diana is 40 years old now, and about 10 years ago,after she was declared "cured" from cancer I found a replica Mrs Beasley and gave it to her for Christmas..again.. Whatever happened to her original Mrs. Beasley? That is another story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting