Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:30 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,023,950 times

Advertisements

ManhattanGirlz, since you have this topic already going in another thread, perhaps people should be directed there to continue the conversation. Here is a clickie to the more active version of this topic ---> Big Cityvs Small Town.

Hope that helps to get all the opinions consolidated! By the way, Twinmma, good point about "ain't nobody happy if mama ain't happy" .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 PM

56 posts, read 145,956 times
Hey Nelly! well... I over posted by accident! lol.. do you know how I can DELETE this one? And thanks soo much Nelly and twinmma for your input !!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanGirlz View Post
Hey Nelly! well... I over posted by accident! lol.. do you know how I can DELETE this one? And thanks soo much Nelly and twinmma for your input !!!!
Yeah, I figured it was an oversight .

The way I understand it, since someone has responded to the thread, you personally can't delete it. You can DM a mod, however, and they can close this one and/or consolidate it into the other, bigger one.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:21 AM

"Good luck! P.S. tell Oprah the gang on city data says Hi!!!!"

Thanks jimj! And I will pass on to "O", just how awesome the folks on city data are!!!

thanks Nelly!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
ManhattanGirlz, since you have this topic already going in another thread, perhaps people should be directed there to continue the conversation. Here is a clickie to the more active version of this topic ---> Clickie is NO LONGER NEEDED -- thread has been consolidated. ...
MG asked how to close her extra thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
...The way I understand it, since someone has responded to the thread, you personally can't delete it. You can DM a mod, however, and they can close this one and/or consolidate it into the other, bigger one.
Good morning, MG! Looks like your threads were consolidated. Soooooooo for anyone reading from this point on, please understand that this thread is now the only one -- my clickie is no longer needed! THIS thread is open and ready for more comments. Let the discussion resume!

Heh Now I wish I could delete MY post with the clickie so it doesn't cause confusion .

Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 PM

Hey there Nelly! What a GEM you are!!!! Thanks a million... You are A LIFE SAVER!

Old 06-28-2008, 11:25 PM

Anyone else care to weigh in? Sure would LOVE your input!

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-29-2008, 05:55 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,825,210 times
Ok, for what it's worth. Your daughter is young. Sure, she has friends, and activities, but she will have that no matter where she lives. Right now she's scared. That's not tragic, it's normal.

I personally would not want to live in NYC, but I can certainly understand why you would want to, and see the major advantages for you and your daughter both. You have to be happy for your daughter to be happy. If you feel stifled, bored and unhappy, guess what? Your daughter will pick that up.

I think of all the advantages she would have in NYC. The theater, ballet, art shows, museums, on and on and on.

Since you have a connection there, my advice would be to do it. Don't wait until she's older, because then she really won't want to move. Make it an adventure, and she'll come around.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but don't give up your lifestyle for a lifestyle you THINK would be better for your daughter. You need to be happy too.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:28 AM

Thank you Colleen

Well... A good friend of mine is trying to talk me into moving out west to California... I have worked in Callie before... And I do enjoy Callie...

But have been so dead set on NY.......Forgetting California would give us more of a laidback lifestyle.... And I could still work there.

I am processing....

Thanks so much for your thougths C...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting