Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 02:17 PM

14,406 posts, read 11,845,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
What about all the dirty clothes being inside out (usually with underwear still attached)?
I had to be very firm with my kids about not leaving their underwear still attached to inside-out jeans. Also about the balled-up socks.

But when I do laundry (and I usually do everyone's together because we sort by type of fabric and it's wasteful to do tiny loads of just one person's clothes), if they put it in the wash inside out, it goes back to them inside out. Clean and dry and possibly even folded, but still inside out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 06:52 PM

5,849 posts, read 6,223,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
if they put it in the wash inside out, it goes back to them inside out. Clean and dry and possibly even folded, but still inside out.
That takes commitment on your part...good for you, LOL.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:12 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,193,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
And do they absolutely jam EVERYTHING in the washer or dryer? I keep trying to explain that air has to circulate, but to no avail. I just don't do his laundry now. He's responsible for his own. If he wants to look like a wrinkled mess, well...he's a grown person and I won't be seen with him in public. lol
I taught my son to do his own laundry starting when he was about 13. I actually enjoy doing laundry, but I had him do his laundry and a certain amount of cooking while he lived at home so he could learn with some help and supervision. So when he went off to college, I knew he could do these basic chores by himself.

Well, he's 31 now and a great cook, but I gave up trying to explain to him that there are some items that shouldn't be washed together. He knows not to put red clothes with any others, but he washes boxer shorts with jeans and sweatshirts, which seems like a capital offense - elastic abuse - to me.

Old 10-21-2021, 11:57 AM

129 posts, read 80,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I had to be very firm with my kids about not leaving their underwear still attached to inside-out jeans. Also about the balled-up socks.

But when I do laundry (and I usually do everyone's together because we sort by type of fabric and it's wasteful to do tiny loads of just one person's clothes), if they put it in the wash inside out, it goes back to them inside out. Clean and dry and possibly even folded, but still inside out.
I started washing my own clothes separately because I got sick of losing my clothes with everyone else’s clothes when I was like 12, that and I had been buying thongs from Kohl’s and didn’t want my mom to find them.

As soon as the washer was done I would run to the laundry room and get them in the dryer before she had a chance and then when the dryer was done I took my clothes straight to my room and hid what I needed to up in the box springs.

And to think my mom thought I was just trying to be responsible. Lmao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting