Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2021, 08:09 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times

Advertisements

So many cases in point here. It does sound like group think!

Don't have kids because. . . think what might happen.

Maybe they put it in the milk at school?

Guess it never occurs to any generation to examine how much they can think alike and wonder what influenced it. I'd suggest twelve years of government-sponsored education starting at a malleable age.

Old 10-02-2021, 08:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
If someone wants to have 100 kids, go ahead. But taxpayers and society should not have to pay for it.
Agreed. No one should be able to force another to pay for their life style. But when you rob Peter to pay Paul, you an always count on Pauls support.

Old 10-02-2021, 08:41 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
So many cases in point here. It does sound like group think!

Don't have kids because. . . think what might happen.

Maybe they put it in the milk at school?

Guess it never occurs to any generation to examine how much they can think alike and wonder what influenced it. I'd suggest twelve years of government-sponsored education starting at a malleable age.
Exactly.

It's interesting that Tucker Carlson had like two segments last night on children and parents who want children but how expensive it is. Jason Whitlock, his guest on one of his segments last night said having chilldren is "the greatest gift there is".

Yet the last couple generations think it's a curse to have children and families. That is the effects of several generations of communists poisoning the minds of America's youth.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:10 AM

182 posts, read 76,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
A manufactured low birth rate of its citizens, while it floods the nation with third world people with large families, who we the tax payer have to pay for when they get here. De facto genocide.

The government encourage ANY family to have kids. Whether people follow the trend is their own choice.
The families with higher-educated parents can have benefits if they have more kids. They chose they don't want that many because they set their goals on other things and taking the pros and cons of having kids into consideration.

Some of the families with lower education have more kids because they don't have many other ways to enjoy life other than having kids. They are like floating along with some set programs.

Back to your original post. If you say your cousin's kids are intelligent, then they would be able to make their own decisions about having kids by making their own minds and based on their lifestyles. If they were listening to their dad against they own will, then they are not that intelligent. So his advice/ opinion can be view as some extra information. Saying he said demonic things is silly and unintelligent.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:11 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
When I was 20, I wanted children more than I wanted anything else.

Now as an old lady, I think that anyone who gives birth today will have much to feel guilty about.

P.S. Have you seen this thread? Maybe that has something to do with your cousin's opinion.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...wborn-w-o.html

Last edited by katharsis; 10-02-2021 at 09:20 AM..

Old 10-02-2021, 09:29 AM

182 posts, read 76,658 times
Quote:
Lowered wages, for example. A single-income household in my neighborhood here, in the 1960s, could afford to have as many children as they wanted. That simply isn't case anymore.
This is true. However, I don't think lowering wages is the intention of the government as you seemed to imply. That is just one of the society's adjustments were made to deal with the working pool out there, more like with the increasing population. So if you want more people born into this world, that only make this problem worse.

The society is evolving and changing. So is life. There are advantages in the past unfortunately won't be around any more. Like we don't have that many spaces and resources. Right now imo controlling the birth-rate is more of an important issue while the world are already over-populated. For the US, the immigrant rate need to be under controlled, but we already have been doing that over the last decade anyway.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:35 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBQEgg11 View Post
The government encourage ANY family to have kids. Whether people follow the trend is their own choice.
The families with higher-educated parents can have benefits if they have more kids. They chose they don't want that many because they set their goals on other things and taking the pros and cons of having kids into consideration.

Some of the families with lower education have more kids because they don't have many other ways to enjoy life other than having kids. They are like floating along with some set programs.

Back to your original post. If you say your cousin's kids are intelligent, then they would be able to make their own decisions about having kids by making their own minds and based on their lifestyles. If they were listening to their dad against they own will, then they are not that intelligent. So his advice/ opinion can be view as some extra information. Saying he said demonic things is silly and unintelligent.
Do you think it's possible that intelligent people can be manipulated or be molded, say, through public education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBQEgg11 View Post

There are highly intelligent people who buy into all sorts of crazy stuff. Religions of various kind, for example. I am sure quite a few highly intelligent people were followers of Jim Jones, for just one example. There were highly intelligent followers of that cult guy in Oregon, for another.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:40 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
When I was 20, I wanted children more than I wanted anything else.

Now as an old lady, I think that anyone who gives birth today will have much to feel guilty about.

P.S. Have you seen this thread? Maybe that has something to do with your cousin's opinion.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...wborn-w-o.html
What does it take to keep a baby in the NICU? Who pays for it?

I understand about the vaccines and breakthroughs so don't get me wrong.

Why should the employees in the NICU risk their lives and the other babies unnecessarily because somebody declines vaccination.

What I want to know is who is picking up the tab for all these hospitalizations? The giveaway up to $9000 each of taxpayers money for funerals about blew my stack. We will be paying for it for the next 100 years.

This covid affects all of us. Including babies in the NICU.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:07 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
If you are in the middle, working class, you can't qualify for all the freebies. Take me, for example. I applied for housing assistance. I don't make much money. I work hard. But I make "too much" according to those who dole out the free housing assistance. The truth is I could work less - I could work part time and likely get housing assistance, but I wasn't raised to work less.

The entire system is set up to discourage and penalizing the working/middle class from having children.
Ok, but you seem to be admitting that anybody can qualify for these benefits, so it cannot be a genocide if everybody has access to what you consider to be the best path forward.

As for being raised to work less, that is an unfounded stereotype. Please provide supporting evidence that the immigrant population works less than people born in the US.

Quote:
As far as the rest of your post, this has been addressed here. Strangely, the post I quoted above yours is asking me for exampls for how it's a de factor genocide in America, and your post and a few others kind of prove how/why: the entire system is set up to discourage/penalize working Americans from having kids. Thanks for pointing that out again for me.
No, there have not been any posts on this thread showing how the system is set up to discourage or penalize working Americans from having kids. To prove that, you would need to provide evidence showing that the immigrant population have benefits that are disproportionately large when compared to the American population, and you haven't even attempted to show this. You have merely whined about it.

You keep bringing up this racist notion that there is a "de facto genocide", but you are completely unable to provide any evidence supporting your claim.

Quote:
Exactly.

It's interesting that Tucker Carlson had like two segments last night on children and parents who want children but how expensive it is. Jason Whitlock, his guest on one of his segments last night said having chilldren is "the greatest gift there is".
Ok. Kids are expensive. Carlson is not going to get the Pulitzer prize for pointing that out, it has always been the case. Now, go ahead and prove that having kids is less expensive for immigrants. Your other option is to be honest and ethical and retract your assertion.

Quote:
Yet the last couple generations think it's a curse to have children and families. That is the effects of several generations of communists poisoning the minds of America's youth.
Several generations of communists? Perhaps you could point out these alleged communists and how they have poisoned people's minds? Or how communism as a political philosophy supports lower birth rates?

Quote:
Do you think it's possible that intelligent people can be manipulated or be molded, say, through public education?

There are highly intelligent people who buy into all sorts of crazy stuff. Religions of various kind, for example. I am sure quite a few highly intelligent people were followers of Jim Jones, for just one example. There were highly intelligent followers of that cult guy in Oregon, for another.
So now education is a bad thing? We should close the schools and breed like rabbits? Your goal is to tank quality of life in favor of quantity of life?

Old 10-02-2021, 10:07 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
Quote:

I don't know whether it's Communism or not but it is fear-based decision making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting