Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 03:48 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times

Advertisements

If you are going to be unfoncortable talking to your kids about sex then dont have any yourself! The sex talk is one of the most important chats you will have with your child ever. I agree, its not the schools responsibility, the parents probably failed. Also, what if the parents told her "you are on your own" or something similar if she gets pregnant, we dont know the whole story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 04:11 PM

421 posts, read 1,337,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
If you are going to be unfoncortable talking to your kids about sex then dont have any yourself! The sex talk is one of the most important chats you will have with your child ever. I agree, its not the schools responsibility, the parents probably failed. Also, what if the parents told her "you are on your own" or something similar if she gets pregnant, we dont know the whole story.
Who cares if she was told "you're on own"? She committed MURDER, period. At 14, she is old to realize that flushing a baby down a toilet will kill. That girl has a major awakening coming to her.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:30 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,489,531 times
who knows if she was just out of her mind for a minute. she must have been terrified about her whole situation. maybe she thought no one would ever know. how in God's name can you flush a person? i mean i am not condoning by any means whatsoever what she did! but did she really think it would even fit?!
i remember hearing a story of a girl who had her baby during prom. she went to the bathroom, gave birth, threw the baby in the garbage and went back to dancing. it is HORRIFIC!
i have had a baby, and i just dont understand how they give birth as if they were just going to the bathroom! what about the afterbirth, the pain, the loss of blood, the umbilical cord???

Old 04-06-2008, 12:15 AM

793 posts, read 2,213,519 times
in some europe countries they have sex education early, at 12 i think (i forget now) and in Holland, they have fewer teen pregnancy or STD then the US in percentage. Doesn't mean people don't have sex at young age in Holland, but they are way more educated and less pressured by parents and law enforcement then in the States.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
14 is very young. My daughter is that age. Is she mature enough to know that if she did something like this it is very serious, probably not.

It's unfortunate the parents didn't offer her birth control. I ask mine all of the time to be truthful and that if she thinks she's ready I will take her. She also knows where her brothers condoms are. While I hate the thought of her doing it so young, I can't watch over her 24/7. She has a friend that cuts school regularly. How this girl doesn't get caught when the school calls that night is beyond me.

I also watch her monthly supply like a hawk as well as the bathroom trash. A mother has to do what she has to do.

While I feel bad for the baby, I also feel bad for the girl. To be carrying a child at 13 (possibly for some of it) is sad. She probably freaked out and had no clue what to do.

I hope she gets help & most of all I hope her parents wake up.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:40 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
For real ? Youve never seen the emotional stress of giving birth ? Women can break down after giving birth, maybe topped with being told she has to leave if she has a baby, maybe scare tactics gone wrong. Tragic thing to happen, but as I said I doubt the full story is out yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontob View Post
Who cares if she was told "you're on own"? She committed MURDER, period. At 14, she is old to realize that flushing a baby down a toilet will kill. That girl has a major awakening coming to her.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
For real ? Youve never seen the emotional stress of giving birth ? Women can break down after giving birth, maybe topped with being told she has to leave if she has a baby, maybe scare tactics gone wrong. Tragic thing to happen, but as I said I doubt the full story is out yet.
Yes, I know what giving birth does, I've done it twice and I stand by what I said. Murder is murder, having just given birth isn't an excuse.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
14 is very young. My daughter is that age. Is she mature enough to know that if she did something like this it is very serious, probably not.

It's unfortunate the parents didn't offer her birth control. I ask mine all of the time to be truthful and that if she thinks she's ready I will take her. She also knows where her brothers condoms are. While I hate the thought of her doing it so young, I can't watch over her 24/7. She has a friend that cuts school regularly. How this girl doesn't get caught when the school calls that night is beyond me.

I also watch her monthly supply like a hawk as well as the bathroom trash. A mother has to do what she has to do.

While I feel bad for the baby, I also feel bad for the girl. To be carrying a child at 13 (possibly for some of it) is sad. She probably freaked out and had no clue what to do.

I hope she gets help & most of all I hope her parents wake up.
I disagree with someone at the age of 14 not knowing that killing a baby would be serious. My daughter turned 13 a few months ago and we have discussed this together and she was appalled that this girl could do this. 14 is old enough to know right from wrong.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:51 PM

793 posts, read 2,213,519 times
kids know from right and wrong early in their childhood if the child is taught properly.

Sadly this is not a one case scenario. Is it just me or this is happening more and more often? i am not talking about just teen pregnancy, but throwing a new born away after birth.

That is why I don't watch the news much any more. We live in a sad sad world.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:41 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,489,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
kids know from right and wrong early in their childhood if the child is taught properly.

Sadly this is not a one case scenario. Is it just me or this is happening more and more often? i am not talking about just teen pregnancy, but throwing a new born away after birth.

That is why I don't watch the news much any more. We live in a sad sad world.
yes it is happening a lot. i dont know if it's because we hear about it more or if it's a new phenomenon. i think post partum depression has to do with all of this. women are afraid to ask for mental health help. their families may be embarrassed about talking about it...
the first week home with my son was so difficult that i was litterally pulling my hair. i was so terrified that i wasn't doing things right. i was listeing to 100 people telling me the "right " way to do things.
i was 29 when i had him--so not a teen at all. and i NEVER thought it would happen to me.
ater a few days i was left alone with him, i finally was able to not have to hear anyone except for the baby. and my insticts told me what was right, and i became more comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting