Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:24 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,176,504 times

Advertisements

This is a tough one ....
At first, I thought, I would like for my 17 y.o. son to magically start keeping his room clean, feed the dogs, take out trash AND replace with clean garbage bags, ect. without being told. But then I started reading about the empty-nesters. HMMMM
Just like it seems it was yesterday, when I had him, I realize that it will be tomorrow (hypothetically) that he will be raising his own family.
We hardly ever left him with a sitter either. If we did it was one of the grandmas. We have always been a CLOSE family. You all probably know we moved rurally recently, and he is home ALL the time. Which is wonderful, don't get me wrong. But.... He is home all the time !!! (when he is not at school). The husband and I recently thought about going out with some friends for an evening of adult time, and when the moment came, we felt guilty for leaving him home alone. So we stayed home and played cards. (Bunch of saps we are )
So for my Mothers wish...... I would like to have a day together without the arguing and attitude a 17 y.o. has. If I say "its blue, he says its green". I would like a day without hearing "ALrrrrright or I wiiiillllll . Then go out for a nice dinner, the 3 of us, come home and enjoy some alone time with my love !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2006, 07:32 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,808,969 times
I kinda have the backwards "mommy wish". I just want to be one. haha..
I am hoping that I can tell my husbad that we're pregnant by Christmas. Only time will tell!!

Old 12-07-2006, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
I am hoping that I can tell my husbad that we're pregnant by Christmas. Only time will tell!!
Good luck to you and hubby !!
Motherhood is a wonderful experience. Although tough at times ! Most everybody should experience it at least once.
The teenage years (of course) tend to be the hardest. Remember those, wasn't too long ago for you. But again, will end up very rewarding.
Wish you all the luck ! And keep praticing

Old 12-07-2006, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Good luck to you and hubby !!
Motherhood is a wonderful experience. Although tough at times ! Most everybody should experience it at least once.
The teenage years (of course) tend to be the hardest. Remember those, wasn't too long ago for you. But again, will end up very rewarding.
Wish you all the luck ! And keep praticing

Thank you It would be awesome if it were to happen by christmas.. but we are in the process of buying a house too.. so I don't know if 2 life changing events at the same time would kill James or not.. haha

Old 12-07-2006, 07:57 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,171,074 times
Quote:

What a great Christmas gift
Good luck and best wishes!

Old 12-07-2006, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Thank you It would be awesome if it were to happen by christmas.. but we are in the process of buying a house too.. so I don't know if 2 life changing events at the same time would kill James or not.. haha
Don't fear !!
We bought house, got married and had baby all in same year and LIVED to tell about it!
Funny thing, when you have a kid, you find a way to make things work.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Don't fear !!
We bought house, got married and had baby all in same year and LIVED to tell about it!
Funny thing, when you have a kid, you find a way to make things work.
That is what people keep saying. My friend just found out she is pregnant, and so did my sister in law. There must be something in the water, haha.. it always comes in 3's it seems

Old 12-07-2006, 08:40 AM

Quote:
That is what people keep saying. My friend just found out she is pregnant, and so did my sister in law. There must be something in the water, haha.. it always comes in 3's it seems

Please don't send me any of that Water!!!
Yes I believe it is contagious. Best friend and I had kids 3 months apart.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:07 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,901,111 times
Mine is to bump an ancient thread to be like everyone else who does it .

Old 11-13-2010, 04:44 PM

556 posts, read 801,959 times
Any random weird thing? Mine would be to hang out with my BFF and smoke a joint! lol! Watch movies, eat junk, and LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH! That's not going to happen though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting