Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 10:02 AM

28,663 posts, read 18,768,884 times

Advertisements

Having a daughter, the family restroom would be my first option.

But "7 or 8" might be off, and she may have been only in the first grade.

So he sends her into the women's room and she doesn't come out. It might be something dumb like all the stalls are occupied, she wets herself, and doesn't know to come back out.

But now he has to go into the women's room to find her, fix her problem, and then bring her back out.

It could certainly seem a lot simpler just to whisk her through the men's room into a stall and then whisk her back out again. I've been in thousands of men's retail store restrooms in my life, and I don't think I've ever seen any penis except my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 10:26 AM

903 posts, read 862,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I don't think you can really guess the age of a girl, nor can you know the exact situation. I do feel bad for men who have to take daughters into the men's room...but some times girls have to pee.
I'm a father and I've taken my daughter into the womens' restroom. If the stalls are all full up in the men's, I'm not going make my daughter crap her pants if she has to go. This has only happened twice and I simply give the shoulder shrug if any women are washing up at the sink.

I could care less if a women is walking by me if I'm taking a leak. Happened all the time in college at the dorms when the cleaning ladies were there.

If the little girl asks why that dude is standing over there, it's not a big deal to explain the differences between boys and girls.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:21 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,190 times
Today no way a kid should go to a restroom alone. In this situation I think the father should announce he is bringing in his daughter or the same for him if he is taking her to the ladies room.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:57 AM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,465 times
First, you probably have no clue how old she was. Considering how jumpy you are around kids you likely don't have any or never spent time with them like many dads.

Second, I don't feel bad for the father at all. I bring my daughter in all the time and it isn't a big deal unless you make it one.

Unless you were standing with your wiener hanging out and facing the door all she saw was you standing against a wall. Did you have your pants down with your bare ass out like a pre-k kid? Were you doing the helicopter as she walked in? So, she saw nothing yet you make a big deal out of nothing? At least she wasn't acting like the child in this situation.

Third, even if she was 7, she could be special needs. Not all special needs kids walk around drooling with obvious body tells they are significantly delayed. In fact you likely wouldn't know in many cases. So again, don't rush to judgement even if you got her age right which is dubious at best.

Fourth, it is up to the parents to decide when it is time to let their kid go off on their own into a public room by themselves, not anyone else. You don't have nearly enough information to diagnose what their situation is and quite frankly I couldn't care less what other people think of me and my family or our actions.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:04 PM

866 posts, read 629,484 times
Red face Our Paranoid culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
So I'm at a target store in the men's room using the urinal when some guy brings his 7 or 8 year old daughter in the men's room to use the stall. His daughter is looking at me with her eyes size of saucers I'm trying to get out of there as fast as I can the urinal had no side wall. Seems unless your kids are babies they belong in the appropriate bathroom. When I was a kid at 7 or 8 I went into the men's room not the woman's bathroom.
IMO, our culture is way TOO PARANOID about sex and body parts! I child is way more able to handle nudity and body parts than most Shame-based adults in our paranoid culture. Europeans are vastly more mature about sex, nudity and the body than us childish Americans are! ............it's both sad and comical!

Old 04-13-2017, 02:31 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
I am just wondering what others would think about a man asking a woman with no other kids in tow if she would mind taking his daughter to the ladies room?

I am 63-year-old grandmother and would have no problem if a man asked me to do this. Also, if he went into a store that had a female employee "just standing around" and the father asked if she could do that favor for him, if most would mind or if store management would object?

Old 04-13-2017, 02:37 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I can see where this is headed. Mods, cleanup in the men's restroom
yes please.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:40 PM

634 posts, read 708,410 times
So basically you overreacted to a maybe 8 year old girl seeing your backside fully clothed? I see that every time I am at the checkout line at Target. Unless she was standing one foot from you and staring at your junk, I don't see the big deal.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:48 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I am just wondering what others would think about a man asking a woman with no other kids in tow if she would mind taking his daughter to the ladies room?

I am 63-year-old grandmother and would have no problem if a man asked me to do this. Also, if he went into a store that had a female employee "just standing around" and the father asked if she could do that favor for him, if most would mind or if store management would object?
Unfortunately, I would be quite hesitant to take a child whom I did not know anywhere unsupervised. It would depend on the situation.

Last edited by maciesmom; 04-13-2017 at 02:58 PM..

Old 04-13-2017, 05:39 PM

13,243 posts, read 7,290,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayerdu View Post
So basically you overreacted to a maybe 8 year old girl seeing your backside fully clothed? I see that every time I am at the checkout line at Target. Unless she was standing one foot from you and staring at your junk, I don't see the big deal.
Lets just say from the angle she could easily see my junk because there was nothing blocking the view unless you were to stand so your body touched the sides of the urinal. I didn't see them come in I was looking at the wall then I heard what I thought was a girl's voice When I turned around I could see her eyes looking right at my junk the bathroom was narrow so she was only about 4 feet away. I had to turn to the left to block her view get zipped up as fast as I could. When I'm in the men's room I expect males in there. How do you think a woman would feel if the women's bathroom had no stalls they had to use a toilet in plane view of everyone who came in I came in there did that the police would be called.

Womens bathrooms have stalls with closing doors. I'm not scarred by it I could careless but I just feel that people with kids should have respect for others. The father could have waited outside the woman's bathroom his daughter wasn't a toddler I heard her talking she had an Iphone she was texting maybe she was 9 or 10 I don't know. People these days need to stop being so paranoid I get it sometimes kids get abducted by strangers do you know what the odds are of that actually happening to your kid probably less than getting struck by lightning or bitten by a shark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting