Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 12:20 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,245,270 times

Advertisements

If the bathrooms have isolated stalls that can be locked from inside, I don't really care.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:42 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,434,861 times
Couldn't care less. I see women coming out of mens rooms all the time at crowded venues. I see very little practical difference between porta potties and lockable enclosed stalls. Those don't seem to be a problem.
I'm a father of a teenage girl and toilets are on the bottom of my 'what is the risk of assault in this place' worry list.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:11 PM

16,824 posts, read 17,870,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
I disagree. I remember lots of kids (and their parents) pulling stupid crap while at school. My daughter has already suffered an incident at school that could have been so much worse had something like this been in effect at the time and had the student in question taken advantage of it. It was handled quietly and efficiently by the school, and no one else knew about it except for the parents of the two parties involved, which is why most people don't know how often these things happen.

Also, I don't own any pearls. You can try to cast me as a far-right-wing nut all you like, but I am not.

Will do.

I know. I have no issues with actual transchildren. I 100% believe that actual transchildren will not cause any problems whatsoever. They are not the problem.

Neither me nor my child are uncomfortable sharing a bathroom with a transgendered person, nor have we ever been uncomfortable doing so. Again, they are not the issue. I am uncomfortable with her sharing the bathroom with a straight child who is trying to make trouble due to this new regulation or who has perverted parents. And there are plenty of non-savory parents out there who never would have done something before, but will now, because it's now a thing.
I have taught in 4 schools, for over 15 years, been part of disciplinary committees for year, had thousands and thousands of students and have never even heard of a single cis/straight boy willing to pretend to be trans just to "make trouble". In fact, after thousands of students, I have seen the opposite to be true everyday. Boys lashing out at even the innuendo that they might be gay or trans or whatever. You seem to keep pushing this idea with zero evidence except some nebulous assertion that something vague happened to your own child.

There will absolutely be issues when this implemented. There are issues in schools everyday. So what? Avoiding of discomfort by one or several children does not negate the basic rights of other children.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:21 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,641,388 times
Moderator cut: delete

But here is the best way to handle this situation from this point on.
In every new school that is built, put in SINGLE toilet bathrooms.
One stall - one sink - no more.
Each bathroom is non-gendered. A student goes in - locks the door - the outside shows 'occupied' and does his or her business. Cleans up, and leaves for the next student to use.
Plain and simple and nobody's offended by not being allowed into a certain gendered rest room as there AREN'T any... Yes, it's more expensive but what 'price' do we pay for allowing girls and boys into the same bathroom?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-17-2016 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Political comments, complaints are being deleted

Old 05-17-2016, 01:21 PM

28,789 posts, read 19,107,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
If the bathrooms have isolated stalls that can be locked from inside, I don't really care.
Wouldn't want that in a school system.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:23 PM

28,789 posts, read 19,107,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
So what? Avoiding of discomfort by one or several children does not negate the basic rights of other children.

You do realize, don't you, that particular statement goes as well the other way?

Old 05-17-2016, 01:33 PM

7,904 posts, read 11,522,079 times
There is a real issue here and solving it can solve several problems. In public facilities where M and F go in rouhgly equal numbers. there are always lines for the F bathroom and if M has a line its much shorter. Clearly the act takes longer if you have to undress more as F's and architects or code has not figured this out.

Solution. do what some other countries do, build unisex baths with stalls for every deed. Sure it will cost more to biold that man stalls but it solves the problem I mentioned as well as provides privacy to all doing their business!

Old 05-17-2016, 01:43 PM

2,517 posts, read 2,091,335 times
shared sink/mirror communial areas with

multiple single stalls with solid floor-to-ceiling doors, used by any/all genders

is the most efficent design, and the future.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:51 PM

18,576 posts, read 31,913,392 times
we have a mens room and a womens room here in the office and on the womens door there are 4 signs sayin no men allowed.
BS, when its time for me to go home, i have to pee before i leave and the mens room is occupied, i use the womens room, a terlet is a terlet.....

too much a big deal out of it in this country

Old 05-17-2016, 01:53 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,466,373 times
I have no issues with a required unisex bathroom..
The little girls room should remain the little girls room..
The little boys room should remain the little boys room..

I'm all for live and let live but the line needs to be drawn somewhere..

Speaking as an adult, in a work atmosphere for ADULTS if you gotta pee and the woman's room is open and a person locks the door..well it happens..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting