Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 70,146,589 times

Advertisements

Teachers have favorites, bosses have favorites.

But also the kids will have their favorite teachers too. Not everone wins the popularity contests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,018 times
Angry Teachers having favorites

I have never got in trouble in my life at school tool I supsifly pelvic thrusted in class I got a after school detichen and to day a kid drew a eguliting pennies on a smart bored and only received a warning and this kid gets in trouble all the time, but only warnings!!!!! I wish I was a teachers favorite

Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 PM

9 posts, read 9,259 times
I'm a mom of 3 and a gradmother of 4. People have favorites, teachers have favorites--it is just life (and in a large part just chemistry or that elusive factor of "clicking"). As a mom you try so very hard to be fair and even with your kids. Sometimes it is hard when one is just so very contrary to your own personality. My daughter is just like her dad, and totally had me baffled. She is the one who sailed through school as a favorite. My sons were much easier to me, but more troublesome to their teachers.

Teachers are only human. It is not their fault. Experienced and wise teachers try to be fair and even also but they are human. If a student is just so very opposite, sometimes favoritism shows. Three is a hard age, so many differences in development and temperament. Classes will be full of kids that have wildly divergent skills. If you feel it is a real problem that will be detrimental to the rest of your child's life, for goodness sake, take that kid out of that class. They do not have to stay there. They do not have to be in the class. Find another school. There is no fault. It just is. They don't even have to be in school. Do not take it personally, it will happen over and over in your life and your child's life. One needs to learn how to cope and rise to the occasion.

It is a little young to decide that this is a major turning point in a child's life. Advocate for your child. They are your child--maybe they are not in the proper level of class.

You are the mom, you are right. I truly belive that, but the teacher also may not be wrong. You have a long way to go, I am so very glad I am done. It is hard.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:53 PM

17,183 posts, read 23,138,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The person View Post
I have never got in trouble in my life at school tool I supsifly pelvic thrusted in class I got a after school detichen and to day a kid drew a eguliting pennies on a smart bored and only received a warning and this kid gets in trouble all the time, but only warnings!!!!! I wish I was a teachers favorite
Can someone translate this? I have no idea what it says.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:05 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,391,310 times
Quote:
I have never got in trouble in my life at school tool I stupidly pelvic thrusted in class I got a after school detention and today a kid drew a something? on a smart board and only received a warning and this kid gets in trouble all the time, but only warnings!!!!! I wish I was a teachers favorite
Bolding mine...

That's the best I can do. Not sure if the person "threw" pennies at a Smartboard or "drew" something on it.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,763,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Can someone translate this? I have no idea what it says.
Me either. I don't think it's written in english.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:00 PM

1,437 posts, read 1,897,071 times
While I was In school, I debt with that for almost my entire education.
My 5th Grade teacher was a woman and very sexist. She'd bring food in for the class but only allow the females to get up and told the males to wait. She knew that nothing would be left for the guys but didn't care.

My advice, just deal with it. Your children are young still, when they start grade school and their is still favoritism with some of the teachers, that's the time you get up and say something.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,479,946 times
Quote:
The OP never got in trouble in school in his entire life. He stupidly made a pelvic thrust motion while in class. He got detention for it. The day he posted this a fellow student drew what I'm suspecting was a dirty picture on the smart board. That student only got a warning from the teacher. Even though Dirty Picture student gets in trouble all the time he doesn't get detention, only warnings. The OP implies this is because Dirty Pictures student is a teacher's pet. The OP wishes he was also a teacher's pet.

Best I got and I think I'm pretty close.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:55 PM

731 posts, read 1,589,558 times
If your child complained about the fact she was sitting and didn't get to pass out the cards while the other children who did not sit and were allowed to pass out the cards before you got angry about the situation, then I would tell her as you did, that she did a good job of sitting and waiting. If you got angry first, and let her know you were angry about it and she agreed with you, then you still did the right thing. It is important that a child learns to respect rules, even if another child doesn't. Since you don't know that much about the other children, it probably isn't a good idea to pass judgement on your teacher's method. Maybe those kids never mind that well, and she blends their card time in with the other children. Who knows. I would try to be in the classroom a few more times before I decided to have a talk with the teacher. However, is she doesn't apply rules fairly (I liked "fairly instead of equal" from the other poster) then by all means tell the teacher you have noticed that and ask why.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:15 AM

105 posts, read 107,265 times
The OP sounds like she's just mad that HER little darling isn't the favorite. A helicopter mom who doesn't understand why EVERYBODY doesn't see how very special her little angel is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting