Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 05:38 PM

14,413 posts, read 22,646,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
No pitt I no longer speak to parents about their kids because they have a snowflake mentality I have seen it already with the lady next door . No I don't care what the previous owner did , new owner , new rules and they need to learn even if I have to teach them what their folks don't .
If you came and told me my son was biking on your yard I would let him have it. You just don't know how the parents are going to react. I know there are many snowflakes around nowdays but not all of us are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Turn the hose on the little creeps? Or get a motion-activated sprinkler if you want to be passive-aggressive.
Lol..most kids would enjoy that. Wouldn't work.

Old 04-12-2016, 05:40 PM

5,035 posts, read 2,803,566 times
phonelady hasn't been back in this thread since she started it 5 pages ago. let's all go over to her house and ride our bikes through her yard.

Old 04-12-2016, 05:44 PM

I want to dig holes too!

Old 04-12-2016, 06:52 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,214,038 times
Put up a sign that says:

'SPIDER AND TARANTULA SANCTUARY - LAWN IS HOME OF HUNDREDS THOUSANDS OF HUNGRY SPIDERS & DADDY LONG LEGS. INCHES DEEP OF EIGHT LEGGED CREEPY CRAWLIES. COME SWIM IN AN OCEAN OF SPIDERS. EGGS STICK ONTO YOUR BODIES AND MILLIONS OF LIVE SOUVENIRS WILL BURST OUT YOUR EARS WITHIN WEEKS'

They'll be sure to give your lawn a wide berth from now on.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:55 PM

499 posts, read 593,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Put up a sign that says: 'SPIDER AND TARANTULA SANCTUARY - LAWN IS HOME OF HUNDREDS THOUSANDS OF HUNGRY SPIDERS & DADDY LONG LEGS. INCHES DEEP OF EIGHT LEGGED CREEPY CRAWLIES. COME SWIM IN AN OCEAN OF SPIDERS'

They'll be sure to give your lawn a wide berth from now on.
Hahaha! That's great! Or "Mrs X's snake farm - enter at your own risk"

Old 04-12-2016, 07:03 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,679,587 times
Quote:
I'm new in the neighborhood so I told this kid oh no not on my yard or in my yard ...the other neighbors are renters and don't give a crap about their yards . I'm sorry I own this place and I will be da*med if I will let lil rowdys ruin my yard just because their parents don't own a home or yard . My mother used to say you teach people how to treat you and your things guess I'm going to have to teach these neighbors some boundaries where my home is concerned . Do parents not teach their kids respect for their neighbors ? plus my husband is out working on the car and has it on a jack , what if the kid had run into the car and hurt my husband ? I can tell you those people don't have a dime to pay my husbands injuries caused because their kid does not know boundaries and respect .
get off her lawn, you durn kids!

Old 04-12-2016, 07:28 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,688,186 times
Quote:
No pitt I no longer speak to parents about their kids because they have a snowflake mentality I have seen it already with the lady next door . No I don't care what the previous owner did , new owner , new rules and they need to learn even if I have to teach them what their folks don't .
How will they learn the rules if you don't tell them? Maybe put up a fence or bushes. Really you need to let the parents know.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:28 PM

20,711 posts, read 16,616,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Yes, I agree with this. Not to pick on the original poster exclusively, they're hardly the only ones, but one thing I really tired of hearing people say is "can't you take a hint?"

No, I don't, and even if I could, I refuse to, because I think people should spell things out. It's not one's job to read someone's mind, it's the job of the one communicating to communicate clearly, not to give "hints" that someone interprets.

So--if you don't want kids in your yard, it is your job to specifically state this. I don't care if you sit out there and scowl and wash your car and fix your car and ignore them while walking around in booty shorts playing rap music with curse words and do any number of a manner of activities that would give off a "vibe" that you don't want kids in your yard. That's not good enough. You must spell it out in plain English. Period.

And "no way" on a pit bull. Even if children come into your yard, a dog attacks them, you're going to be in serious trouble, as well you should be.
Sorry - if it was something weird like you didn't want a kid to get in your yard to come after a frisbee they'd thrown, okay - yeah the kid probably wouldn't know that! But to just ride a bike on your yard? Yeah, that is basic. So I'd have no problem when I saw them to go out and tell them to "please" stay off my yard!. They have their own yard, the street, and anyone else's yard who doesn't care. You only go in someone's yard with their permission - as I said, a momentary exception to retrieve something that shouldn't be there to begin with.

Maybe it's not a matter of mind reading but feeling perfectly okay with your own feelings that you can tell the kid directly and only go through the parents if it is repeated.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:56 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,292,911 times
OK Clint Eastwood...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting