Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 01:28 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times

Advertisements

A real person in perfect size

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jue_JlxnPGM

Before adults and society brainwash our kids, they are often really smart and realistic. I am not saying there would not be tall skinny people etc. (as barbie type) also but most of the judgements are learnt from adults. Adults teach kids and ruin kids to think bad things and expect unrealist appearance from others.

Range of dolls with disabilities launches after social media campaign for more diverse toys goes viral | Daily Mail Online

Instead teaching kids to measure every mm http://www.biomedsearch.com/attachme...02106.g001.jpg and looking for unperfect signs from others, why not teach and fyi for adults: learn as an adult too to accept that people are perfect and real in every appearance that they exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 10:58 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Instead teaching kids to measure every mm http://www.biomedsearch.com/attachme...02106.g001.jpg and looking for unperfect signs from others, why not teach and fyi for adults: learn as an adult too to accept that people are perfect and real in every appearance that they exist?
I think it's better to teach your children to aspire to perfection rather than settle for whatever. That doesn't mean you have to be judgmental of people who don't share your drive, but just being happy with who you are means you have no reason to learn, change, grow, or improve. So I'm not going to show my kids a picture of a turd and tell them it's a beautiful rose.

All things in moderation, of course, because being too focused on perfection will turn them into neurotic wrecks. So we're supposed to somehow chart a course between creating self-satisfied couch potatoes and obsessive-compulsive ultra-marathoners.

However, "real" dolls/models/etc falls in the category of a bridge too far, for me.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:27 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,442,467 times
Quote:
A real person in perfect size

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jue_JlxnPGM

Before adults and society brainwash our kids, they are often really smart and realistic. I am not saying there would not be tall skinny people etc. (as barbie type) also but most of the judgements are learnt from adults. Adults teach kids and ruin kids to think bad things and expect unrealist appearance from others.

Range of dolls with disabilities launches after social media campaign for more diverse toys goes viral | Daily Mail Online

These kids uttered so many "like" I had to close it.
It pretty much made it impossible for me to care about what they really thought of the real doll vs. the "unreal" doll, etc.

Somebody please save this generation from the terror of "like".
It's so annoying it makes you want to scream.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
These kids uttered so many "like" I had to close it.
It pretty much made it impossible for me to care about what they really thought of the real doll vs. the "unreal" doll, etc.

Somebody please save this generation from the terror of "like".
It's so annoying it makes you want to scream.
I like these kids I believe they could bring back caring, happiness and liking each others into this cold world.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
I think it's better to teach your children to aspire to perfection rather than settle for whatever. That doesn't mean you have to be judgmental of people who don't share your drive, but just being happy with who you are means you have no reason to learn, change, grow, or improve. So I'm not going to show my kids a picture of a turd and tell them it's a beautiful rose.

All things in moderation, of course, because being too focused on perfection will turn them into neurotic wrecks. So we're supposed to somehow chart a course between creating self-satisfied couch potatoes and obsessive-compulsive ultra-marathoners.

However, "real" dolls/models/etc falls in the category of a bridge too far, for me.

How sad, unrealistic and unempathic prejudices by looks. Why do you think you have so limited view and so much prejudices?

Old 06-25-2015, 12:50 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,442,467 times
Quote:
I like these kids I believe they could bring back caring, happiness and liking each others into this cold world.
They will have a lot of "liking" to practice with 8 billions+ projected for 2030.

Caring and liking each other doesn't come from PC projects designed to make kids appreciate "real world" bodies as opposed to idealized ones.

It comes from a sense of solidarity and needing one other. Increasingly, humans no longer need each other - emotionally speaking.
They compete with each other (fiercely) for increasingly limited resources. The masters need humans to cooperate in corporate-type teams to get jobs done; but that doesn't mean love for your fellow human.

I, for one, would be happy enough if someone taught them how to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting