Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 03:46 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,900,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedawgk1972 View Post
We got some more info today from her teacher. It seems that both incidents I described were related to another girl in her class. I guess the theft was a "if you take one I will too" scenario and my daughter felt bad about it and confessed before being caught. This girl lives near us and we don't let our daughter play with her because of her home life. They won't be in the same class next year and tomorrow is the last day of school - so let's hope with more positive re enforcement and maybe getting a little older we can stop these things.

If they're not in the same class next year, then that girl won't have the same chance to get your daughter into trouble, but she's not too young for a little conversation about peer pressure, maybe not naming it that way, but just saying, "If your friend does something that you know you shouldn't do, you don't have to do it too. If someone says you have to do something bad so you can keep being friends, that person isn't a true friend." That way she can think about it over the summer and then next year she might be able to avoid those kinds of situations with other kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 07:08 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,539,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedawgk1972 View Post
We got some more info today from her teacher. It seems that both incidents I described were related to another girl in her class. I guess the theft was a "if you take one I will too" scenario and my daughter felt bad about it and confessed before being caught. This girl lives near us and we don't let our daughter play with her because of her home life. They won't be in the same class next year and tomorrow is the last day of school - so let's hope with more positive re enforcement and maybe getting a little older we can stop these things.
Anytime a child's behavior changes drastically (I am assuming this is not her norm) there is something going on. Recently I found out my youngest was being bullied. His behavior change was the first sign. He's normally a sweet kid but he was acting out and fighting with his sisters over the stupidest stuff. Talk to her and see if there is something else going on. Maybe this girl is bullying her. If so, talk to the principal about it for a thorough investigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting