Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:45 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
So an innocent topic manages to become a debate? I'll take a bet and guess that if it was someone more "relatable" to the demographic on here there wouldn't be any issues with this post.

Who cares? You either hear him out or you don't. He never said he has some magical secret to parenting. But every parent thinks they have valuable advice or lessons to pass onto someone who may be in some predicament

And those pointing out the faults in another persons marriage sound like statistics waiting to happen. Who knew marriage is an easy fairy tale, judging by the extremely low divorce rate
Yes, just us silly wimmins pointing out hipocrisy.

IMO one of the most important roles a father can have is as a role model, particularly in the way he treats his wife. Now that IS something no one else can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 10:09 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yes, just us silly wimmins pointing out hipocrisy.

IMO one of the most important roles a father can have is as a role model, particularly in the way he treats his wife. Now that IS something no one else can do.
Have you always been a role model? Can you honestly say everything you have done in your life should be mimicked or followed? It is easy to sit behind a computer screen and talk about this man's fault because no one will ever get the chance to do the same to yours, but honestly unless he is currently cheating on his wife, I don't see what this has to do with him being a role model or even giving advice on being a father.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:35 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Have you always been a role model? Can you honestly say everything you have done in your life should be mimicked or followed? It is easy to sit behind a computer screen and talk about this man's fault because no one will ever get the chance to do the same to yours, but honestly unless he is currently cheating on his wife, I don't see what this has to do with him being a role model or even giving advice on being a father.
So his views on parenting are just as relevant as say Whoopi Goldberg or Jenny McCarthy is what you're saying? Agreed.

He's the one choosing to give his opinions on parenting on an international public platform not me.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:41 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Again culturally it is true but it's not necessarily prevalent these days. He is older his perspective is different than most. It's not necessarily his opinion. Again it depends on context. We never heard him fully explain it.

You never answered my follow up questions related to your second point. Your answer would invalidate anything you just said.
You mean the one about basic biology? Yes genetics%

Last edited by Jaded; 07-05-2014 at 11:21 AM..

Old 07-05-2014, 10:44 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
So his views on parenting are just as relevant as say Whoopi Goldberg or Jenny McCarthy is what you're saying? Agreed.
YES!!!!! You get it. Although his perspective is different then there is.

Quote:
He's the one choosing to give his opinions on parenting on an international public platform not me.
But that doesn't mean you analyzing him as a person, as a husband and as a father in any ways invalidates his point and that is the point. I could sit here and say your opinion on fatherhood doesn't matter because you have never been a father. That is unfair wouldn't you say? That is exactly what you are doing to him. You assume because of his past mistakes that he is not a good father, but you have never been a father at all, so what does that say about you? That's why what you are doing on this thread doesn't make sense and it only makes you look petulant and immature. If you think every father or husband out there has been a saint then you do not live in reality. With that said, it doesn't mean anything because this is a discussion what he said, not the type of person he is, but I think you get it now.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:23 AM

1,851 posts, read 3,400,498 times
Now that everyone is being nice again, let's try to remain civil to avoid a thread closure...thanks!

Old 07-05-2014, 02:10 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,874,095 times
All I know is he was funny as &#%@* in the movie, White Chicks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting