Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,348,489 times

Advertisements

"allow their kids to scream bloody murder when playing outside""...would show up with the kids to play on the playground equipment."Y'all are complaining about kids using their outside voices while playing outside ?
Are y'all serious?

Old 08-24-2013, 10:07 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,938,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
"allow their kids to scream bloody murder when playing outside""...would show up with the kids to play on the playground equipment."Y'all are complaining about kids using their outside voices while playing outside ?
Are y'all serious?
My thoughts exactly. We used to run around and yell and play when I was a child, but mostly there weren't adults around because we were a bit older and allowed to go to the park by ourselves.

Also, I question the screaming bloody murder bit because kids can be loud, but it seems unlikely they are that loud, especially the younger set. Just for the heck of it, I should take my tape recorder and record the sounds at a typical playground here. Unfortunately, even if I did there is probably no way to post it here.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:12 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
Where I work is pet friendly and everyone who works there says we would rather people bring their dogs in than their kids. For some reason some parents think it is ok to allow their small kids to run loose and scream at the top of their lungs. We have had older people almost knocked down by kids who were running down the aisles unsupervised, and they also are allowed to take things off the shelves and toss them wherever they want, without putting them back. The parents seem oblivious to what their little darlings are doing.

I love kids, but I love well behaved, supervised kids, not ones that are out of control.

Don

Old 08-24-2013, 10:13 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,994,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Just a question...

How do you stop a 20 month old from screaming while running around?
Trip them. Oh and you can round up and call the unruly brat a two year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting