Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 AM

1,299 posts, read 1,356,506 times

Advertisements

I remember feeling that way. Now my children are teenagers, and guess what...IT'S WORSE!

I would take those days back in a minute....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 08:55 PM

75 posts, read 78,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post

That's awful but man, that boy could talk, and the questions!! OMG. I left him home with his father one afternoon when he was about four and when I came home, his father said: "I counted. He averages 45 questions per hour."
Around here, we refer to it as "Why-arrhea"

Old 06-29-2013, 12:45 PM

6 posts, read 6,753 times
Gah! Please don't tell me it gets worse. lol. So I guess carpeting and children just shouldn't go together at all. lol!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:34 PM

511 posts, read 840,720 times
Other than the first four scary months in the NICU and the health worries and developmental uncertainties early on, the first three years were very easy. My kids (twins) got along beautifully, generally went to bed without too much drama, did not turn the entire house into one enormous craphole. It's a different story these days as we approach four. They are mouthy, have the ability to execute some really BAD choices (7 lbs of cat litter all over the guest room, for example. A jar of maple syrup on the table and floor in the kitchen. It goes on and on.) but not the impulse control not to, mean to each other. I have to have faith four is going to be better. I had expected three to be harder than two but I had NO IDEA how much harder it would really be.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:37 AM

741 posts, read 1,291,828 times
So far it's been the sleep thing.
Great one night, then pitch an absolute fit the next.

I dream of naps.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:48 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,984,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusStrip View Post
Other than the first four scary months in the NICU and the health worries and developmental uncertainties early on, the first three years were very easy. My kids (twins) got along beautifully, generally went to bed without too much drama, did not turn the entire house into one enormous craphole. It's a different story these days as we approach four. They are mouthy, have the ability to execute some really BAD choices (7 lbs of cat litter all over the guest room, for example. A jar of maple syrup on the table and floor in the kitchen. It goes on and on.) but not the impulse control not to, mean to each other. I have to have faith four is going to be better. I had expected three to be harder than two but I had NO IDEA how much harder it would really be.
Ours recently discovered Vicks in a cabinet.. An industrial size container. Turns out she can unscrew caps, really well. Also discovered she gets up about 20 mins earlier than originally thought. Enough time to empty said container onto sheets, walls dresser, doors, blinds, carpet, toys and hair. The smell of menthol will never leave my house.... Ever

Old 07-08-2013, 07:57 AM

511 posts, read 840,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Ours recently discovered Vicks in a cabinet.. An industrial size container. Turns out she can unscrew caps, really well. Also discovered she gets up about 20 mins earlier than originally thought. Enough time to empty said container onto sheets, walls dresser, doors, blinds, carpet, toys and hair. The smell of menthol will never leave my house.... Ever

Mine have been MUCH better lately. I am going to hell because we had the "Santa's good and naughty list" discussion. :| It seems to have made a definite impact! My son does the early rising thing too. In fact for a while he was partial to waking up in the wee hours and coming in to watch flipping TELEVISION. (meandering off topic here). He is so addicted to TV...sometimes I think I need to hide the Roku and cut them off altogether. Even though I try to limit their TV time, he always wants more.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:34 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,984,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusStrip View Post
Mine have been MUCH better lately. I am going to hell because we had the "Santa's good and naughty list" discussion. :| It seems to have made a definite impact! My son does the early rising thing too. In fact for a while he was partial to waking up in the wee hours and coming in to watch flipping TELEVISION. (meandering off topic here). He is so addicted to TV...sometimes I think I need to hide the Roku and cut them off altogether. Even though I try to limit their TV time, he always wants more.
We just got roku last week and she's learned the remote already. I have to hide it now. I put on Pandora instead of cartoons. She can watch the album covers and I can still argue she is infact watching tv

Old 07-27-2013, 07:21 AM

45 posts, read 100,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beankeeper View Post
For me, everything up until age 3 was a breeze; it was 3-6 that had me in tears and looking for boarding pre-schools.
hahahaha...wh en my son turned 4, i used to look at him and say who are you? and what have you done with my son?..swore there had been an alien abduction....it was a running joke..with all the good bad and sometimes ugly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting