Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 PM

607 posts, read 856,904 times

Advertisements

By then, you should have a solid relationship/marriage (so less chance of becoming a single parent), and a good career, to provide for the child, as to not suck tax money from hard working people.

For example:

A family headed by a single parent can cost the tax payer nearly £6 million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-benefits.html

I've noticed all the wealthy couples I know don't have any children at all.

Why don't people make wiser choices?

Last edited by Badger55; 01-25-2013 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 09:30 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,456,424 times
Since your other thread was closed before I could respond, I will post my response here:

My mom was 27, Dad was 24 when I was born. Like you, I am a college graduate-double major in accounting and management information systems, I work in a financial field (asst controller for a manufacturing company) and I drive a fully paid for BMW. Oh, and I own two houses.

Yeah, some burden on society I turned out to be.

My brother had two kids by the time he was 25. Why? He and my sister-in-law were in love and wanted to start a family. Times have not always been easy, but no one other than the two of them has ever provided financial support for my nephews.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,658,998 times
My parents had two children (myself and my sister) while they were both under 30. My Dad had a great job and was making plenty of money and my mom stayed at home taking care of us. They never 'sucked any tax money' from hard working people as they supported themselves.

People have children when they're under 30 because they get pregnant and birth them. Simple.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,196 times
Because younger people think they will be together forever and need a child to cement the bond. Of course a big lie and most of these relationships fail. What really disturbs me is most of these births are out of wedlock and on welfare so we pay for their stupidity.

Btw I was born when my parents were 24 and 25 but it was a different time. Back then people married younger and were financially stable younger. Now is a different story.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 PM

607 posts, read 856,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Since your other thread was closed before I could respond, I will post my response here:

My mom was 27, Dad was 24 when I was born. Like you, I am a college graduate-double major in accounting and management information systems, I work in a financial field (asst controller for a manufacturing company) and I drive a fully paid for BMW. Oh, and I own two houses.

Yeah, some burden on society I turned out to be.

My brother had two kids by the time he was 25. Why? He and my sister-in-law were in love and wanted to start a family. Times have not always been easy, but no one other than the two of them has ever provided financial support for my nephews.
You are probably the minority.

£5million: The extraordinary sum it can cost the taxpayer to support a single mother of three on benefits | Mail Online

Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,658,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
You are probably the minority.

£5million: The extraordinary sum it can cost the taxpayer to support a single mother of three on benefits | Mail Online
Both of the examples she used were NOT headed up by a single parent.

Notice, she said 'mother, father' and 'brother, sister-in-law'.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,584,374 times
Quote:
By then, you should have a solid relationship/marriage (so less chance of becoming a single parent), and a good career, to provide for the child, as to not suck tax money from hard working people.

I've noticed all the wealthy couples I know don't have any children at all.

Do you mean as in not creating such narrow minded threads?
Not everyone can get a good "career" as some work jobs all their life which, by no means should they be disqualified from having children.
Providing for a children encompasses much more than money and because the parents don't make six digit salaries mean the children are being short changed. It also doesn't mean they sucking tax money from hard working people.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM

469 posts, read 567,764 times
it's true. & i agree but the reason is that they believe they're ready when they arent and they know the funds arent there. I know several individuals who are in their late teens (17-19) who are having/had kids. I know a girl whose 20 and has 3 already and another who is 21 and has 4 (2 hers, 2 from her husband's previous relationship). They just firmly believe they're ready to settle down when they aren't. They'll realize it in their future that they missed out on a s***load of stuff and regret it and then want to live it with their families. As much as i like family memories, this also adds to heavy spending and other issues within a family because they arent ready and (sometimes) results in divorce (usually amongst those in college or those who are married under the age of 24).

15,080 posts, read 20,499,572 times
Quote:

Why don't you mind your own business?

[who made you judge?]

10,029 posts, read 10,906,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Do you mean as in not creating such narrow minded threads?
Not everyone can get a good "career" as some work jobs all their life which, by no means should they be disqualified from having children.
Providing for a children encompasses much more than money and because the parents don't make six digit salaries mean the children are being short changed. It also doesn't mean they sucking tax money from hard working people.
If they can't afford them they shouldn't have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting