Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,429,673 times

Advertisements

Maybe a small fish tank. That is fun. And you can keep getting different fish. We had one for years...with guppies. The kids cleaned it on Saturday mornings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 05:52 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,314,737 times
They arent getting gifts they ask for? o.O

Old 11-16-2012, 05:54 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,314,737 times
Physics Pro Kit by Thames and Kosmos + FREE xUmp Gift Bag

Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,491,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
They have scooters- don't know if they are razor. and wii which we all enjoy- any new games I need to know about? they enjoy being together so much I like to get things they or we can all do. I like the scientific experiments book. great idea. we have one but on a much younger level. one still plays with my little pony while the other would stay on the computer all day if we allowed. she plays some fun games. We got them Muse magazine but they didn't pay much attention to it. they both went on field trips lately and seems like they were the only ones without handheld electronic devices. but I hate to get them something which makes them any more plugged in than they already are.

keep up the good ideas. and many thanks
For the Wii - Just Dance 4 is out recently and that's what my preteen nieces are asking for. We always get at least one new Wii game and the kids can all play together at the same time. Not sure about your budget, but Rock Band has been a great family investment. The kids love taking turns on the drums, guitar, and singing on the microphone.

Don't kids make wish lists anymore? I would ask my kids to make a list of items (varying price range depending on budget) and circulate it within the family to make things easier on everyone. They never got everything they wished for, but the things they did end up getting were things they wanted. Saves having to go through all the returns/exchanges after the holidays.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:16 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,491,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
We LOVED xUmp when they were at our local mall, but they are gone now. We would find such interesting novelties there. I'm glad you linked this because now I'll see if I can shop online!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,215,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
They arent getting gifts they ask for? o.O
can't get them to make lists. they say it is too early but I tell them Santa needs his list early this year. one DD says she doesn't have a present list just a "wishes" list and I swear it really is for world peace, no starving children, shoes for every child, etc. We do what we can and include her in our charity giving list but I want some presents under the tree. Maybe closer to christmas she can think of something.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 AM

236 posts, read 428,731 times
my daughter has asked for a kindle fire so she can read books and watch movies

Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,818,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Ice skating, horseback, ski, etc. lessons. (group or individual lessons just for your kids).

Basketball hoop. Dart board. Laser tag gear for outside.
A horse is always a wonderful gift for a 10 year old girl.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,202 times
I recommend some tablets or telescope is the good idea.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:41 PM

17,484 posts, read 16,664,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A horse is always a wonderful gift for a 10 year old girl.
I loved horses when I was a kid. In fact, I had a whole collection of plastic horses and I read every horse story that I could get my hands on. Having my very own horse would have been a dream come true. But a 2 hour horse riding lesson was a pretty awesome experience - one that I'll never forget.

Do girls still go through the "horse phase" now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting