Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM

6 posts, read 10,319 times

Advertisements

My Son is still living in Texas with his Dad. He is doing well in school and has grown so fast. I have visitation, he comes to California for Holidays and Summer. Last spring break I took him to Hawaii. It is very hard as a Mother not to have your child with you everyday. I am missing out on things in his life , but trying to make special memories when I can. I was teaching him to drive over the summer. As much as I love and miss him, I guess it was for the best that he went to Texas when he did.
I had been living with my parents for years and taking care of them. In May 2011 my Father passed away, and November 2011 my Mother passed. (she could'nt Live without him)
If my son had been with me during those years, I would not have been able to give him the attention I would have wanted to , or that he needed. It was all I could do to keep myself healthy enough to care for the two of them. I guess, when we think we know best, we just need to pray , do what we know is right and let GOD lead us. Oh, and still not divorced yet. Should be final soon I hope. Lets just say that we all reep what we sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 06:15 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times
Your son will be of age some day and will get to travel and live where he wants to. Life is not over yet, so there is still hope that you may be together again.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:22 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,391,217 times
It appears, as painful as it is, you understand and accept the situation, but most important, it appears you are laying a good foundation so you and your son can re-connect at the appropriate time and circumstances.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,307,187 times
hang in there california wife....you did good, and it can only get better.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:06 AM

93 posts, read 156,836 times
In the same boat as my daughter, 14, lives with her dad in MI while I'm in CO. I feel for you. It hurts when you're not with your child. Mine's very happy in MI with her friends and family and comes to CO during spring break and summer vacation and I travel to MI during Christmas. She's doing excellent so far in high school and loves it there. I just can't live in MI due to a lot of different circumstances (lack of a job being one of them - MI's economy is HORRIBLE) and although I'm missing out on a lot, we do share a lot when she's here.

Hang in there! It'll get better as time goes on. And it sounds to me like you're setting things up well for the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting