Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 06:51 AM

412 posts, read 685,223 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Anyone else out there that is child-free?

Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Yeah, there are entire threads about not wanting kids on this forum.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,733,139 times
Folks, if you have any questions about why people without children are allowed to post about parenting topics, please read the sticky of the forum. Thank you. You can also send me a DM.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:38 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,928,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
Hi,
I understand why people are allowed to comment on parenting issues when they themselves are not parents. However, the sticky does say:

"The board is about parents, not just for parents."

However my answer to you is: This is a board about parenting. You aren't going to find a whole lot of child free people posting on a parenting board unless they have something to discuss that relates to parenting. We have had some posts from child free people that related to parenting issues. However, I do not see the relevance of this topic. Perhaps you could rephrase your question so that it actually relates to parenting or parents instead of being solely about NOT being a parent.

I believe that the child free can have excellent comments that related to parenting issues but I do not see how this thread relates to being a parent.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:41 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,733,139 times
I sent Deb a pile of threads that might help her frame what she is trying to discuss. She's new.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:43 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,560,715 times
Quote:
Hi,
Oh yes, and we thank God every day for the blessing!

Uh, you were not including fur-kids were you? We have two, but they don't require constant management, never expect to go to college, and have yet to ask for the car.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:07 AM

412 posts, read 685,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I understand why people are allowed to comment on parenting issues when they themselves are not parents. However, the sticky does say:

"The board is about parents, not just for parents."

However my answer to you is: This is a board about parenting. You aren't going to find a whole lot of child free people posting on a parenting board unless they have something to discuss that relates to parenting. We have had some posts from child free people that related to parenting issues. However, I do not see the relevance of this topic. Perhaps you could rephrase your question so that it actually relates to parenting or parents instead of being solely about NOT being a parent.

I believe that the child free can have excellent comments that related to parenting issues but I do not see how this thread relates to being a parent.
I didn't think that the Parenting forum was an appropriate place but that's where the moderators said I should go.
I am not a parent and even though I might have ideas about parenting, I am not going to post them because then people will say - "you're not a parent what do you know". Which is accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Oh yes, and we thank God every day for the blessing!

Uh, you were not including fur-kids were you? We have two, but they don't require constant management, never expect to go to college, and have yet to ask for the car.
Yea!!

Hi. I have fur children myself (hence the name). Two dogs and three cats. We never have to worry about allowances or car borrowing. Of course we can't get them to mow the lawn or do the dishes either.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,824,292 times
Quote:
I didn't think that the Parenting forum was an appropriate place but that's where the moderators said I should go.
I am not a parent and even though I might have ideas about parenting, I am not going to post them because then people will say - "you're not a parent what do you know". Which is accurate.
I beg to differ... you don't have to be a parent in order to offer a common sense opinion or idea. You may not be able to offer any personal EXPERIENCE in a lot of situations posted here, but that doesn't mean you can't offer any valid suggestions. If someone posts a situation that one of my siblings/friends has experienced with their kids, I'll post about it and give my thoughts on it (I'm not a parent).

Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,203,263 times
Quote:
Hi. I have fur children myself (hence the name). Two dogs and three cats. We never have to worry about allowances or car borrowing. Of course we can't get them to mow the lawn or do the dishes either.

That is a pet irritant of mine. Pets are not "children".

Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 AM

10,052 posts, read 18,098,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
That is a pet irritant of mine. Pets are not "children".
And this is related to the OP's question how?

(In other words, so what if it irritates you? For many people who have pets but not kids, the pets ARE as dear to them as any child would be. Maybe you can't understand that or disagree with it, but it's true.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.