Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,946,869 times

Advertisements

Is the kid under a lot of stress? I seem to recall you take a hard line with the child and maybe it is showing up as stress.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,402,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
Is he getting his 2 year molars? My kids always grind for a few days when they get new teeth in their mouth.
I don't know. We kinda figured it may have something to do with teething, but he got most of his teeth in several months ago. But "2 year molars", sounds about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Is the kid under a lot of stress? I seem to recall you take a hard line with the child and maybe it is showing up as stress.
Shouldn't be this. We're a very laid back family. We do follow somewhat of a schedule, but it mostly has to do with his naptime and bedtime. For the most part, he's free to go and do as he pleases without us getting onto him. That's the first thing I thought it might be, too, was tension. But I don't see where it would be coming from in our case.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:09 PM

247 posts, read 690,247 times
Have you tried telling him to stop grinding his teeth? My son started doing this when he first got his teeth at around a year old. I couldn't take it; it literally made me cringe every time. I kept telling him to stop grinding his teeth. He stopped. Doesn't do it anymore at all, thank goodness!

Old 07-19-2012, 12:45 PM

When we tell him to stop, he stops for a brief period, like he knows he shouldn't. But he always comes right back to it

Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,714,388 times
I grind my teeth in my sleep, so my 2nd grinds her teeth. She doesn't do it much while she is awake but I do see it sometimes when she sleeps (and it has lessened since she has lost some teeth)==I see a mouth guard in the future.
I forget if you have mentioned how old he is. If you can start to tell him how bad it is for his teeth, maybe he will understand. Or do what something else suggested, distract him or get him a chewy ice cold/frozen teether. Good luck!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 PM

He's two years old...

Yeah, that's a good idea. He doesn't really understand full sentences, but we've been training him to know the meaning of the word "Ouch!" We'll be sure to tell him "Ouch!" whenever we catch him doing it; that's a good reminder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting