Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 10:57 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,409,754 times

Advertisements

Okay...what is with children not wearing shoes? Toddlers, older kids, even babies...all weekend, I have seen kids around, NO SHOES! At Wal-Mart, the park, walking around downtown. Not even a pair of flip flops...am I the only one who sees this as a problem?

Okay...babies..a pass...but at what age should they have shoes? My kids always wore shoes...am I just old fashioned? I guess...and if parents say, "They won't wear them", then fine...they should not leave the house...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 10:58 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,767,034 times
My kid never wore shoes until he started walking.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:01 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,305,847 times
maybe they just don't like shoes?

Old 06-30-2012, 11:06 PM

860 posts, read 2,059,231 times
Heck, when I was a kid I never wore shoes all summer long.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:13 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,764,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Okay...what is with children not wearing shoes? Toddlers, older kids, even babies...all weekend, I have seen kids around, NO SHOES! At Wal-Mart, the park, walking around downtown. Not even a pair of flip flops...am I the only one who sees this as a problem?

Okay...babies..a pass...but at what age should they have shoes? My kids always wore shoes...am I just old fashioned? I guess...and if parents say, "They won't wear them", then fine...they should not leave the house...
In stores yes, but otherwise, who cares?

I go barefoot every chance I get, including running barefoot.

Shoes suck, I wear them when I have to, and only when I have to. Same with my kids. We always keep a few pairs of flip flops in the car so we can have shoes to wear in stores. But the park?? Why can't people go barefoot in the park?

Old 07-01-2012, 12:01 AM

16,086 posts, read 21,206,161 times
Other than in stores or restaurants...
Who need shoes when the bottoms of your feet are like leather?
I had a friend who went barefoot most of her life, she could walk on almost anything and not be bothered by it. She'd tease me about being a tenderfoot sometimes because I can't walk on sharp gravel.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 AM

973 posts, read 2,144,262 times
I'm the oddball, freaking of my friends with 'naked' baby feet. Lol my kids as babies, and toddlers always wore socks or shoes. Ummmmmm...........now, at 7 and 8, 100 degree summer in Utah, my dd only wears shoes or socks, as all her neighborhood friends don't either. Lol her feet, as are all in our hood, are 'black'. Lol my kids wear sandals or socks and shoes if we go out and I force them. Today, sat, he wore sandals, she and I wore flip flops, and hubby wore socks and kinda water shoes. Lol

Old 07-01-2012, 06:13 AM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
I can see not wearing shoes at your house or when you are outside, but at Wal-Mart (or any other store?) Who knows what you're picking up on those floors.

I even get skeeved watching people walking around the streets of Manhattan with flip-flops on. Really? All that dog pee and human spit and god knows what else on the sidewalks, and you're exposing your bare feet to that and it doesn't faze you?

Old 07-01-2012, 06:24 AM

672 posts, read 2,116,409 times
Going barefoot is one way to acquire parasites CDC Hookworm It's not as bad as it used to be but still...yuck.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

I am so with you on this!!!!

PEOPLE, MAKE YOUR KIDS WEAR THEIR SHOES IN PUBLIC PLACES.

It is just disgusting to think of what a kids are being exposed to when they walk around a Walmart, grocery store, parking lots, public restrooms etc when they go barefoot. We are talking human excrement, spit, vomit, urine, animal waste, maybe blood, - can we all go EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?????

I know it can be healthy for your feet to be barefooted - but save it for home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting