Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 03:41 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,422,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Yes. You made a declaration based on nothing and presented it as fact. I have a problem with that. Go figure.
My "declaration" maciesmom is what I believe is true....based on the OPs post....and how do you know it's not fact???...I have a problem with people who figure only what THEY believe, can be true......go figure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 03:47 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,108,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
When the child passes out, then they relax and breathing is restored. How reassuring!

WAY off topic but that sounds like little kids that say "I am going to hold my breath until" ... Yeah, go for it, you are going to hold your breath until you pass out, and you'll wake up with a major headache.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:22 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,632,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You're welcome....my answer...like yours, and everyone elses..is based on what I believe to be true....you obviously don't like it...that's ok...your perogative....is there some reason that this answer (which could well be right) bothers you so much?
No....not like mine or everyone else's. See below. Not one other person made a "diagnosis". Except you. Based on nothing but what you read. No medical history. No actual knowledge at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'd take him to the doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Make an appointment with the pediatrician ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Get thee to the doc and find out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I would be at the doctor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I'd mention it to the pediatrician. I'm not anti-vaccine in anyway, but he may have had a reaction, so definitely worth asking about it and getting the doctors opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post

No harm visiting the doctor again. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahdeanne View Post
I agree that since he is very little a doctor visit is in order.
Quote:
Oh...he had a reaction all right!..

Quote:
My "declaration" maciesmom is what I believe is true....based on the OPs post....and how do you know it's not fact???...I have a problem with people who figure only what THEY believe, can be true......go figure!
I don't honestly care what you believe. Just state it as such. There is a vast difference between believing something to be true and stating it as fact. Believe the moon is made of green cheese if you'd like, but, if someone comes on and says they saw something in the sky, don't say "You saw a big chunk of green cheese!"

Old 05-29-2012, 06:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,471,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Seek advise from medical professionals, not strangers on the internet.
This.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:31 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,422,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
No....not like mine or everyone else's. See below. Not one other person made a "diagnosis". Except you. Based on nothing but what you read. No medical history. No actual knowledge at all.

I don't honestly care what you believe. Just state it as such. There is a vast difference between believing something to be true and stating it as fact. Believe the moon is made of green cheese if you'd like, but, if someone comes on and says they saw something in the sky, don't say "You saw a big chunk of green cheese!"
Sorry mommy....the OP asked "What do you think?"...I said exactly what I think.....and if I want to say I saw a big chunk of cheese in the sky... I will

Old 05-30-2012, 05:36 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,692,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
That's the part that pushed me to start a thread (I did not call 911).. Once you call 911, you're "all-in." But for me in this situation, I certainly thought to call 911. But there's a threshold between calling 911 and just letting him calm down. The "line" between the 2 was SO thin.

Although the entire episode was 10 minutes from gagging to quietly taking his bottle and falling back asleep, the truly scary moment was the 10 seconds or so that he fought to catch his breath. For sure it was the worst 10 seconds of my life.
I thought you meant 10 minutes of trouble breathing. No I'd wait and see if it happened again too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting