Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:01 PM

869 posts, read 1,503,282 times

Advertisements

I never heard of inlaws being friends or whatever until I married into my husbands family. My MIL and FIL seem to be tie that binds to completely different families. They are each others best friends, an uncle from MIL family is the best man at an uncle from FIL family. It is strange to me but I think its great that there is that closeness, especially for my son to not have so much separation. At any family gathering he sees both sides of the family. Even a family event that does not directly involve both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,397,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Why do her parents keep declining invitations?
Anniversary Party- They went out of town. I guess they had planned this for a month.

Easter- They have 3 other places to go. Her other grandpa, mine, my ex's.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:54 AM

7,991 posts, read 7,419,832 times
My daughter and son-in-law bought a house only a mile from her in-laws. Any time we visit, we always get together with them. I spent most of my Christmas vacation there, and we ended up seeing them almost every day, plus New Year's (my daughter's mother-in-law and I emptied a bottle of wine together). My son-in-law's brother and his wife live close by also, with their two kids, so we usually see them too when we visit. My daughter's father-in-law loves vegetable gardening, like me, and we're going to help my daughter with hers. He's retired, and I have the summer off (because I work for a school district). It's going to be a fun project.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:03 AM

47,525 posts, read 70,121,445 times
If they like each other and enjoy socializing -- why not? In many cases, they may have been friends or at least on good terms as acquaintances before their kids married, so why not be friends?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting