Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM

563 posts, read 1,500,125 times

Advertisements

I'm trying really hard to find a good stroller at a decent price where I'll be able to have a car seat on it as well as have my toddler sit in it. And of course, it'd be nice to be able to use it when the newborn is able to sit in the stroller like my toddler does.
We currently have a babytrend jogger that we like and had gotten as a combo with the car seat, of which the car seat was given away after the first one grew out of it. (We didn't anticipate having a second).
I got a OneStepAhead magazine that had a really nice looking double stroller that fit a car seat, and the car seat happened to be the babytrend one, or at least similar, that we had. But it was 250, plus another 150 or so for the car seat.
These other similar double strollers I've found aren't meant to have an infant car seat fit on top, but of course, people review and say there's fit, but I'd rather have one that's meant to lock onto the stroller.
I see around town some people with Sit And Stand strollers with a car seat on them, and I was just looking on amazon at one that apparently isn't meant for car seats either, and I gave up looking and came here for recommendations.
A jogger would be nice, but if the price is right, I don't need one.
Please help!
I still have a few months before the second baby gets here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 06:34 PM

869 posts, read 1,496,511 times
Amazon.com
Contours Options Tandem Stroller, Ruby by Contours

Baby Trend Sit N Stand Deluxe Stroller, Quartz by Baby Trend

Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM

840 posts, read 782,704 times
Wish we could help. We have a stroller like you are looking for its technically for twins..it has the 2 areas for kids to sit. its the jogging kind...we live all the way in Georgia though. We found ours at a thrift store. So might want to try there.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:36 PM

869 posts, read 1,496,511 times
The sit and stand i linked to has a picture of it with a car seat on it....

ETA: checked again and you can buy sit and stand with matching carseat for 235.00

Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,217,691 times
I had a sit-n-stand and it is meant to have the infant seat lock into it. You'd have to read the specs and make sure your particular seat would work, but most of them do. There is a place on the front where you can insert a bar that the seat sits on, or a tray when the baby is big enough to sit up and face forward w/o the car seat.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:08 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,246,818 times
this one is a little pricey - but we love it ..... Joovy Ergo Caboose sit & stand

Joovy - Ergo Caboose

can sometimes find a decent price when used

Old 03-02-2012, 11:34 AM

812 posts, read 1,910,280 times
Do you have any consignment stores nearby? We have a few places here and they always have dbl strollers at great prices gently used.

My kids were 22 mos apart and I got a Graco duoglider (newer style) that was great but big and bulky and pain in the but to manuever around in stores. Big open mall areas and parks/sidewalks ok but eventually it was too aggravating.

Joggers seem ok but the ones that seem the easiest to use are the Sit n Stand!

Old 03-02-2012, 11:44 AM

1,149 posts, read 4,209,244 times
I absolutely love my BabyJogger City Select. It has a ton of different seat configurations, feels very sturdy, and I don't have issues in parking lots with having a too-wide stroller. My two year old son and 4 month old daughter seem to enjoy it too

Old 03-02-2012, 11:48 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,752,512 times
We were in the same position when the youngest was born, my older daughter was only 15 months at the time. We checked out a bunch of them, but ended up going with the Peg Perego Aria Twin. It's a little pricey at almost $300, but we really liked our regular Peg Perego stroller.

The first thing we liked was that it was light, much lighter then the other ones we looked at and was very easy to fold. Second, it maneuvered very well, being able to basically turn on itself when needed. The one drawback was that it was wide, being a side-by-side so it could be tight in stores and putting in some trunks, though it does fold pretty much flat for when you need to take it places.

The Peg Perego carseats lock into it, but we didn't have those. The design lets virtually any carseat sit in the stroller, but the whole thing is designed for that and it is a very secure fit. It also allowed the infant side to be pretty much closed off with the hood. The storage bag underneath was huge and easy to get large items in and out of, owing to the strollers width.

It was also nice as the baby got older as the girls were able to sit next to each other and interact instead of sitting inline with each other. Sometimes, I wish they couldn't 'interact' so much, but it also came with cute moments like when they decided to hold hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting