Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:56 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,227,587 times

Advertisements

I'm speechless.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:15 AM

4,101 posts, read 11,543,735 times
We Americans are so sensitive/puritanical/etc. In Europe, XXX shops are next to McDonalds. No one complains and it is just the tourists who take pictures to show at home.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:12 AM

33,107 posts, read 36,850,063 times
She didn't share the original plan. You made one up and typed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Wait.

So the initial plan was the leave her asleep alone in a car parked in a sex shop parking lot while your husband went inside with you to make the decision together.

And her waking up when the car turned off was the only reason your husband stayed outside with her.

You didn't see anything wrong with that plan?

Now that you shared that the original plan was to leave her alone in the car, I'm glad he was rude about it.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:53 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,676,870 times
The original plan may have been for the parents to take turns going in the shop, one staying in the car with the child. Though I don't know why her waking would change that.

In addition to concern over what the dad's intentions were with the child, the officer was possibly thinking he might be soliciting prostitutes with his daughter present. People have left babies in cars while they went into gambling parlors (one reason they were shut down in SC), and while they went drinking in bars. Some toy shops also have movie viewing rooms and rooms with "glory holes" which are places people meet for sex. I think it was within the officer's jurisdiction to check on the welfare of your child.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:42 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,228,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyLynn812 View Post
So I suppose I should have dropped them off at Chuck E Cheese and gone by myself?
That sounds like a much better idea, actually.

Quote:
We don't have anyone around that we want to leave our daughter with, no babysitters or anything, so she's with one of us always. And my husband and I were planning on making a decision on something together, and as I said, she was asleep until we turned the car off.
So I'm curious...what were you going to do if she'd stayed asleep? Being as how you wanted to make the decision "together" and all.

Quote:
It is my first and my husbands second child. And yes, if she was 6, we wouldn't have taken her with us.
And it's not like I go to toy shops often. I made my last purchase online and that lasted me 5 years. I've now bought only 2 toys in my life!!!
Granted, choosing BOBs is not something I have a lot of experience with, but it seems to me you could figure this out online at home and then just go into the store and pick up your neon purple, double pronged, light-up whatever.

And while hanging around with a preschooler outside The XXX-tatic Toy Shoppe may not be cause for CPS involvement, I can't bring myself to say it's the pinnacle of intelligent parenting, either.

Quote:
I guess my point was more or less that he didn't have to be so damn rude about it.
I'd really love to hear the cop's side of the story.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:12 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,698,790 times
I understood the original plan to be that they would have both gone in to the shop with the child.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:20 AM

563 posts, read 1,503,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Wait.

So the initial plan was the leave her asleep alone in a car parked in a sex shop parking lot while your husband went inside with you to make the decision together.

And her waking up when the car turned off was the only reason your husband stayed outside with her.

You didn't see anything wrong with that plan?

Now that you shared that the original plan was to leave her alone in the car, I'm glad he was rude about it.

I would NEVER leave my child alone in a car!!! Especially considering that in less than a minute it gets very hot in a car around here!!! That was not my plan at all!!!

My husband went inside and talked to someone working in there and came back out and then I went in and looked around. I picked two out and then came outside and told him to pick one of the two!

We didn't take her inside, and we certainly didn't leave her alone!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Granted, choosing BOBs is not something I have a lot of experience with, but it seems to me you could figure this out online at home and then just go into the store and pick up your neon purple, double pronged, light-up whatever.
I just want a small something with some vibration to add to what we do. Let me perfectly candid again. For 5 years I owned a rabbit vibrator that cost me 100 dollars. But with my husband, it gets in the way! I had tried a small butterfly vibrator thing one time and it absolutely sucked. We used it less than one time.
I wanted to try to find something strong enough, and not in the way, and I was afraid of getting something small again and wasting more of my money.
That is one reason I wanted to go in person, to see what I was getting (and in the store the guy put batteries in the thing so I could 'test' it.) And for whatever odd reason my husband didn't want to purchase online.
We didn't see anything wrong with finding a shop and running in while one of us was in the car with my daughter. It just would have been ideal if she had been asleep.
Her waking up is the only reason she was in the parking lot and not in the car.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:31 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,228,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyLynn812 View Post
I just want a small something with some vibration to add to what we do. Let me perfectly candid again. For 5 years I owned a rabbit vibrator that cost me 100 dollars. But with my husband, it gets in the way! I had tried a small butterfly vibrator thing one time and it absolutely sucked. We used it less than one time.
I wanted to try to find something strong enough, and not in the way, and I was afraid of getting something small again and wasting more of my money.
That is one reason I wanted to go in person, to see what I was getting (and in the store the guy put batteries in the thing so I could 'test' it.) And for whatever odd reason my husband didn't want to purchase online.
We didn't see anything wrong with finding a shop and running in while one of us was in the car with my daughter. It just would have been ideal if she had been asleep.
Her waking up is the only reason she was in the parking lot and not in the car.
Okay, just...eww. I'm done. T-freakin'-M-I.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Okay, just...eww. I'm done. T-freakin'-M-I.

hahaha. sorry, but that's why I felt like buying online wasn't the best option. Didn't know how else to explain that!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting