Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:47 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,636,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Parents should NOT have to put their damned 15 year old girls on birth control!!!!!
Not to mention the fact, that NO birth control (even abstaining, since rape could occur) is 100%. Accidents happen, and pregnancies occur on BC, heck even multiple forms of BC. (My lil demon spawn (she really pissed me off today, thus the demon spawn), was concieved while I was on the pill, using a condom, and spermacide foam, so it can happen!)

The only way I know that is 100% to not get pregnant is to have sex after a hysterectomy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 04:16 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,364,137 times
is there a legal age for teens under 18 to have sex with other teens under 18?

Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,739,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Not to mention the fact, that NO birth control (even abstaining, since rape could occur) is 100%. Accidents happen, and pregnancies occur on BC, heck even multiple forms of BC. (My lil demon spawn (she really pissed me off today, thus the demon spawn), was concieved while I was on the pill, using a condom, and spermacide foam, so it can happen!)

The only way I know that is 100% to not get pregnant is to have sex after a hysterectomy.
LOL..... I hate to break the news to you, but even a hysterectomy isn't 100% certain. I had a dear friend who had a hysterectomy, then 10 years later, found herself preggers.....REALLY late in life baby. Imagine her freakin' surprise!!!

Yes....unfortunately, BC is NOT fool proof and most importantly, do NOT protect you from STDs!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,691,504 times
Quote:
LOL..... I hate to break the news to you, but even a hysterectomy isn't 100% certain. I had a dear friend who had a hysterectomy, then 10 years later, found herself preggers.....REALLY late in life baby. Imagine her freakin' surprise!!!

Yes....unfortunately, BC is NOT fool proof and most importantly, do NOT protect you from STDs!
How can you get pregnant after a hysterectomy? A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus right? Do you mean a tubal Ligation?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:37 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,212,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
How can you get pregnant after a hysterectomy? A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus right? Do you mean a tubal Ligation?
I was wondering that as well. My uterus is gone. No babies happening here.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
ROTFLOL....YES! hehe.....a tubal ligation. Thanks for catching that!

Old 09-09-2011, 05:00 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,741,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
ANYONE who has sex with a 10-year-old is committing the crime of sexual assault. Anyone who has sex at 10 is a victim of sexual assault. TJ, where were your parents? My heart goes out to you.

To the OP, don't panic, at least to your sister. But do try to talk to her and find out what's going on. If she blows you off the first time, stay calm and keep trying. Even if she acts like she's not listening, she'll hear you on some level and needs to know that she has choices about how to to live her life.
The guy was either 13 or 14, I was just about to turn 11. He was one of my brother's friends I guess he had a "crush" on me since my brother said he was always asking about me.The whole ordeal lasted probably less than 5 mins. I told him it was hurting me and he stopped. He did not know what he was doing either. Both of my parents were at work at the time and we did it outside. He has since moved and I haven't seen him or talked to him in many years. We just are not that close anymore. I guess he is in college now or whatever.

Alcohol and sex sometimes play hand and hand teens start drinking at younger ages as well. Smoking too, things just seem to be getting worse and worse.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:09 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,636,520 times
Quote:

It d**n well better be 100%, I watched the video of the surgery and him taking out everything! Not to mention, I have no cervix, so no where for the lil swimmers to go, ya know? If I get knocked up, I am SUING!!!

I agree with the STD thing though!

Old 09-10-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
It d**n well better be 100%, I watched the video of the surgery and him taking out everything! Not to mention, I have no cervix, so no where for the lil swimmers to go, ya know? If I get knocked up, I am SUING!!!

I agree with the STD thing though!

Holy cow, I don't blame you. Talk about divine intervention if you ended up pregnant. LOL Why, you'd be the human starfish! Lose your uterus & cervix, grow a new one! LOL I had 2 c-sections...no videos..TG, and here's the weird thing. I can watch a c-section IN PERSON and be just fine. If I see a c-section on television...I get a sick feeling AND feel pulling and tingling in my scar region. Too frickin' weird. Like I said though, I can watch in in real life....in the OR, but NOT on television.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:32 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,134,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
so im really worried about my little silly 14 year old sister. my friends tell me that she has been hooking up with this creepy 17 year old boy at her friends' bathrooms. im not at all sure what "hooking up" constitutes. i dont live with her, she has blocked me from facebook, and refuses to talk to me on the phone. i am freaking out! who knows HOW that boy is treating her and probably even ruining her first sexual experiences. she is SO dumb and immature.

am i right to be freaking out? what should i do?
In my world hookin up with a guy meant sleeping with him but not necessarily dating only them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting