Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,811,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Sorry, but can no one get it through their heads that as far as anyone knows NO SEX ACTUALLY TOOK PLACE. The girlfriend/acquaintance or whatever you want to call her slept over in the same bed, that's all we know.

How do you NOT know that the dad let her stay over because it was late and when she tried to start something dad said no because his son was in the room.

So, no it isn't about dad having sex with random women in front of his 3 year old. It's about dad's friend sleeping over while his son was there. Anything beyond that is pure conjecture and speculation.
Fine. Maybe I am making assumptions, fair enough. I still don't think it is right to have random women he has no intention of forming a relationship with to sleep with him in front of the kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Wasn't she? his baby's mom a random woman too before he got to know her?
I'm sure he didn't walk down the street and just pick her out from nowhere and say...come with me too my house..so we can have sex in front of my kid?
Yes it is jealousy? only the jealous ones won't admit it..
Ugh. Please stop. You post with the maturity of a 14 year old and you make sex toy baskets for your son and his girlfriend he knocked up when she was 14.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 08:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,914,996 times
Besides if the child is now 3, it was probably at best only 1 or 2 years into the relationship when the child was conceived.

It's the problem with short-term relationships and raising children together. Most likely the relationship - even marriage breaks up because of differences that cannot be overcome and this is how children are then raised.

It's better if the parents could remain celebate after breaking up with one another and focus on raising the children but the problem is, they cannot control what the other parent does.

I think in these cases, the custodial parent needs to put the child first and be the example parent. That's about all they really can do. The other parent might not choose to have the best lifestyle or be a very good example, but at least the child gets it from the custodial parent if he or she does that.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:29 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,107,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Fine. Maybe I am making assumptions, fair enough. I still don't think it is right to have random women he has no intention of forming a relationship with to sleep with him in front of the kid.

Ugh. Please stop. You post with the maturity of a 14 year old and you make sex toy baskets for your son and his girlfriend he knocked up when she was 14.

Don't think you are going to knock my son..
My son is no longer 17 and she is no longer 14
The past happened..and how dare you try and knock my son when you know nothing about him.
Dont ever think I will let some jealous women degrade him, because she can't handle life, like you and the OP
My son takes care of his baby..he isn't a deadbeat dad..nor is his gf immature like you are
Yes..they do have sex..they live together..they've been together for 7 years
Only someone who thinks its wrong to have sex or date anyone else besides their babys mom..is immature
Dont act like you never heard of a teens getting pregnant
They arent the first teen pregnancy and they wont be the last
You act like your going to insult me or my son..because you have no come back because you know most of us are right..Yea its jealousy
Maybe your a jealous women too..
Thank god I dont have insecure negative women like you in my life..
Women like you who are miserable, don't like to see other women happy so they try to keep them miserable too..

Old 05-26-2011, 08:30 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
FWIW, They are NOT divorced. The shacked up for 5 years and had a baby.
FWIW, although the OP did not give their age or the exes age, it seems to me that they are quite young as well. My guess would be the 5 year relationship spanned from when they were say 14-19 or so give or take a couple years. Also, the OP said that the son sleep's in his fathers room with him. She never said anything about an apartment. I wouldn't be suprised if both the OP and the dad are still living with there parents. Maybe I'm totally off base, but that is the impression I got. Looking at this from the perspective that we are talking about late teens, early 20's people versus late 20's early 30's makes for a different dynamic.

Also, people are so quickly to lynch dad over this. While I think it isn't necessarily right to introduce his son to random people, that is also not the case as according to the OP this is the first and only incident. However, dad did express that he didn't feel it was a big deal.

If the OP and her ex are as young as I think they are, how about a little credit for dad being in the picture and taking an active role in raising his son. How many people come on here and complain about deadbeat, non-existant dads who disappeared when the baby came? This dad is not only in his son's life he is a primary caregiver as well, watching his son 50% of the time.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:45 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,670,307 times
I think that we can imagine and assume a bunch, but we don't know the situation until or unless the OP comes back.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Don't think you are going to knock my son..
My son is no longer 17 and she is no longer 14
The past happened..and how dare you try and knock my son when you know nothing about him.
Dont ever think I will let some jealous women degrade him, because she can't handle life, like you and the OP
My son takes care of his baby..he isn't a deadbeat dad..nor is his gf immature like you are
Yes..they do have sex..they live together..they've been together for 7 years
Only someone who thinks its wrong to have sex or date anyone else besides their babys mom..is immature
Dont act like you never heard of a teens getting pregnant
They arent the first teen pregnancy and they wont be the last
You act like your going to insult me or my son..because you have no come back because you know most of us are right..Yea its jealousy
Maybe your a jealous women too..
Thank god I dont have insecure negative women like you in my life..
Women like you who are miserable, don't like to see other women happy so they try to keep them miserable too..
Yet again..I wasn't knocking your son. I was knocking you.

I never said it wrong to date or have sex with anyone else. I whole heartedly endorse it, actually. I just don't believe every flavor of the week should be brought around small children. Something about healthy relationships springs to mind.

Lol, I was a young Mom. I was a single Mom. I am not insecure, miserable, nor am I jealous. I just believe what is right for a child is the best thing...not what is best for me. Kind of how that whole parenting thing works.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:51 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,727,905 times

Old 05-26-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
FWIW, although the OP did not give their age or the exes age, it seems to me that they are quite young as well. My guess would be the 5 year relationship spanned from when they were say 14-19 or so give or take a couple years. Also, the OP said that the son sleep's in his fathers room with him. She never said anything about an apartment. I wouldn't be suprised if both the OP and the dad are still living with there parents. Maybe I'm totally off base, but that is the impression I got. Looking at this from the perspective that we are talking about late teens, early 20's people versus late 20's early 30's makes for a different dynamic.

Also, people are so quickly to lynch dad over this. While I think it isn't necessarily right to introduce his son to random people, that is also not the case as according to the OP this is the first and only incident. However, dad did express that he didn't feel it was a big deal.

If the OP and her ex are as young as I think they are, how about a little credit for dad being in the picture and taking an active role in raising his son. How many people come on here and complain about deadbeat, non-existant dads who disappeared when the baby came? This dad is not only in his son's life he is a primary caregiver as well, watching his son 50% of the time.
This I absolutely agree with.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:29 AM

8,650 posts, read 17,287,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayx333 View Post
actually if she can prove there are random girls coming in & out of his childs life, that says a lot....i know people who lost some of their custody because they couldnt keep it in their pants and wanted to have random people around their child.
There would have be a lot more to it than just that....Probably drugs involved too.
I was told one time that my ex wife could a ***** and there was nothing that I could do to get my son...I was told that I would have to prove that she was an unfit mother,.....she wasn't and there was no way I'd say she was....

Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,490,799 times
Get over it. Your ex will date. It is not going to make a difference in the long run what you think...or even in the short term. I dated with my kids, and introduced them to guys that were not around for a long time, my ex introduced our kids to any girl he had over, he was usually dating about 4 at a time. None of them lasted long. My kids are not damaged, as far as I can tell...it is just the way things are now. Your values may be different, but you will just drive yourself crazy trying to put your values on your ex. They won't change any court ordered visits, unless there is actual abuse, and even then you will need tons of proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting