Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 11:43 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,906,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Thanks! I'm really proud of him! He bravely challenged himself! It was quite an accomplishment! The second hurdle will be actually doing it. I think I'm applying the proper amount of pressure via expectations and conveying faith that I believe he can do it. We'll see. At least we're starting to have some new successes to build upon.
That's so wonderful to hear! It sounds like you're both doing a great job! And not too shabby to get two offers in the same week, especially in this economy. I'm all kinds of impressed - I hope it reinforces DS to be brave and take other new chances!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Hopes- Congratulations on TK and DS! That is wonderful news! I wish I could do my beds but they are taking a back seat. Do you vegetable garden as well?

DewDrop- do you feel that media is bought (in the sense of oil, politics, and other what nots)?
Yes! Big congrats to TK and DS. And to you, Hopes! The mother hen is part of the little chicklet's success. Especially in these two cases.

Mrs. X: Not quite sure what you mean. Sorry.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:51 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,101,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think she means do you think capitalism influences the news, in that the owners of the networks/newspapers influence what and how stories are reported.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:56 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,753,437 times
Quote:
Yes! Big congrats to TK and DS. And to you, Hopes! The mother hen is part of the little chicklet's success. Especially in these two cases.

Like for instance Fox News is bought by conservatives vice versa for MSNBC...

Or when I read an AP article and then people comment on the article claiming the AP were bought off because it is far too left or far too right. I always wondered if politico's, big business and what not pay them off.

Hopes- I wish I had a green thumb! Currently my beds look awful and I tried to start a veggie garden but I was too late.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,101,269 times
Quote:
I always wondered if politico's, big business and what not pay them off.
I don't think reporters themselves are being paid off. I think they are being controlled by the wealthy owners.

Quote:
I tried to start a veggie garden but I was too late.
We're late too but I decided to give it a try with full grown plants from the nursery. My pepper plants were already 2-1/2' high when I planted them, one already had peppers. Yeah, I'm cheating! But I'm hoping it will give me inspiration to do it right next year.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Like for instance Fox News is bought by conservatives vice versa for MSNBC...

Or when I read an AP article and then people comment on the article claiming the AP were bought off because it is far too left or far too right. I always wondered if politico's, big business and what not pay them off.
Everybody has an agenda. It's been like that for a very long time in this country. It's just more blatant now, IMO. Not sure what you mean by pay off? You mean paying people to comment on an article? (Boy, I seem to be especially dense this morning. The heat must be getting to me.)

Old 07-01-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I don't think reporters themselves are being paid off. I think they are being controlled by the wealthy owners.
That's true and it's pretty much always worked that way. Stories reflect the slant of the publisher. Especially with newspapers. We have a long, proud tradition of that in this country.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:28 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,959,589 times
Hopes - glad all is working out! Amazing what a difference a few days can make.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:29 PM

13,433 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Hello all! I'm super late to this party so I'll just add - kids with job offers, yay, and dental insurance, boo.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:34 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,753,437 times
Quote:
That's true and it's pretty much always worked that way. Stories reflect the slant of the publisher. Especially with newspapers. We have a long, proud tradition of that in this country.
Thats what I was meaning. Do not worry Dew I lost myself as I was writing while hungry and now I ate which just made me feel even worse!

Hi FR!

PS do any of you own a cat?

Kitty X is taking into whole scorpion swallowing! She has hairballed two up in the past few days. Normally I thought cats just play, then kill, and then eat. But she seems to be swallowing them whole like a sword swallower! I don't know what she is trying to prove and she seems fine. Scorpion not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.