Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 08:07 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Advertisements

The sr. pics were OK. I need to go on and choose which ones. They weren't fabulous but we didn't have as much to choose from as we did with DD so that may have been some of the issue. No biggee...there were a few that I liked. Did you get yours taken? How were they?

FR - yeah - if there was a waiting list, you def. should have been told exactly where you stood. Bummer.

Ewag - hope you enjoyed your moments of peace...I still enjoy those times in the mornings when I'm the only one up!

Getting my hair cut and colored today - yay!

Old 07-28-2011, 08:08 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I'd be beyond po'd too - if there was a waiting list - how did MissFR get a guaranteed spot? If that person was just wishy washy - they should be out of luck and told THEY would have to wait since the spot was taken! IF the other person takes it?! So you for sure want it, they don't know, but they are going to let that person keep trying to make up their mind?

I'm annoyed for you! That's just not right. Geez.

Morning all!
Morning coop!

I know... it doesn't make sense to me, either. Apparently this person had not responded to her phone call, and did on Friday. However, we toured the school the Tuesday prior to that and confirmed we'd like to enroll the next day. So I would imagine the person that did not call back until Fri would be SOL for not confirming sooner. Apparently they are now playing phone tag. I guess the person on the waitlist is technically next in line, but we weren't informed that MissFR's enrollment was dependent on somebody else's plans. We were told there was an open spot for Sept before we went to visit.

I'm more PO'd that this came out of the blue than anything else, although I'm trying to see it from their POV, I guess they didn't expect the waitlist person to figure back into the equation either. So I'm keeping my cool with them, although my first instinct was to get very upset. I don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I'm a little concerned that this might be a harbinger of bad management practices, if this can happen this early on in the game.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:14 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
The sr. pics were OK. I need to go on and choose which ones. They weren't fabulous but we didn't have as much to choose from as we did with DD so that may have been some of the issue. No biggee...there were a few that I liked. Did you get yours taken? How were they?
This weekend I think - I can't remember if I told you we are going to do it ourselves. We have Photo Shoppe and a high end camera. My big concern right now is the head shot for year book. We might consider the spring for the photos for family. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'm a little concerned that this might be a harbinger of bad management practices, if this can happen this early on in the game.
That's kind of what I was thinking too..... they should have been upfront with you. It feels like they wanted you on the hook and not go elsewhere so they had the spot filled in case the other person backed out.

How long are they going to keep you waiting? Did they say?

Old 07-28-2011, 08:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Regarding the funny comments I got for the lolcat pic, I make them here:

Make your own LOL - Cheezburger.com

You can use one of the photos there or upload your own.

This is our new kitten, Dexter.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
This weekend I think - I can't remember if I told you we are going to do it ourselves. We have Photo Shoppe and a high end camera. My big concern right now is the head shot for year book. We might consider the spring for the photos for family. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

That's kind of what I was thinking too..... they should have been upfront with you. It feels like they wanted you on the hook and not go elsewhere so they had the spot filled in case the other person backed out.

How long are they going to keep you waiting? Did they say?
Yes - you mentioned you were going to take them - just didn't know if you'd been able to with our wacky weather! I think we may do family pictures this spring also .... since everyone will be graduating and DS will have his braces off....he wants them edited out of his sr. pics since he won't have them on by graduation....

Old 07-28-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Regarding the funny comments I got for the lolcat pic, I make them here:

Make your own LOL - Cheezburger.com

You can use one of the photos there or upload your own.

This is our new kitten, Dexter.

Cool! Cats are so much more expressive than dogs....

Old 07-28-2011, 08:32 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Good Morning All!

FR - you have got to be kidding? So after they tell you MissFR is in and you pay...then she's not, and on the wait list? Sounds a tad suspicious like someone there screwed up. If it were me and I had told DD she was going, I would play hardball with them. I understand that sometimes people screw up sounds as though they are not being absolutely honest about what's going on and giving in to the other party. FWIW all the preschools we have been to have been a little loosey-goosey on the organizational side, seems to go with the territory.

MM - are you going for a radical change in look? Kudo's to DD on her job.

Ewag - glad LittleSirEwag is co-operating on the zizz front.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Good Morning All!

FR - you have got to be kidding? So after they tell you MissFR is in and you pay...then she's not, and on the wait list? Sounds a tad suspicious like someone there screwed up. If it were me and I had told DD she was going, I would play hardball with them. I understand that sometimes people screw up sounds as though they are not being absolutely honest about what's going on and giving in to the other party. FWIW all the preschools we have been to have been a little loosey-goosey on the organizational side, seems to go with the territory.
Yeah... this is the email they sent us the afternoon of our visit.

Quote:
I was glad we got to meet today, including MissFR and MrFR.
Here are two of the forms needed for registration. The Health Report needs quesitons answered, immunization reocrds and a physician's signature and dated. Thanks.
If you decide to enroll for September, please send the $50 Registration Fee and the $150 Tuition Escrow in order to save a spot for MissFR.
I look forward to hearing from you. Please be in touch if you have further questions.
and then:

Quote:
I think that starting with 3 half-days and growing to 5 half-days is a good idea.
Yes, mail your registration fee and tuition escrow to:
Blah Blah Preschool.
That will save the spot for September.
At this time I can offer a three day enrollment on any day except Wednesday; for example, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday. Note your three days of choice on the Tuition Agreement. By the time you are ready to move to five days, Wednesday will be available.
Is there any ambiguity in there that I'm missing? Sounds pretty definite to me. And they have our check. I signed a not quite coherent copy of the tuition agreement, as our printer is on the blink, but they said we can come and pick up the forms today or they don't mind mailing them to us.

Then we get the email saying the Sept enrollment is in doubt.

Apologies in advance for hijacking the chat, lovelies.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:56 AM

Zim - no, nothing drastic - just a touch up....I inquired about going darker at my last visit....my stylist knows though that I am not high maintenance and am lucky to get in for touch ups at appropriate times as it is. She correctly pointed out that darker, while it might be lovely, would require me being more vigilant about getting in for maintenance since I am, underneath my color, pretty much completely grey....

Old 07-28-2011, 09:03 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Is there any ambiguity in there that I'm missing? Sounds pretty definite to me.
Me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.