Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 11:25 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
OMG. Is it true? Is Palin really running?
You mean my new neighbor?

I haven't heard it. Our hot rumor is she's going to run for Senate from AZ.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:34 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You mean my new neighbor?

I haven't heard it. Our hot rumor is she's going to run for Senate from AZ.
I guess what I heard is an assumption based on her buying a house there.

It doesn't make sense for her to run for Alaska senator from AZ.

It doesn't make sense for her to move to AZ for residency to run for Arizona senator.

It does make sense that she moved to AZ for a closer home base for the presidential elections.

Maybe we'll be lucky and she won't run for anything. Maybe she moved to AZ simply because she truly doesn't like Alaska's weather. We can only hope.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:40 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,100,559 times
Hopes. please refer me to the particular thread you want me to look at. Thanks for the welcome.
DD is home with fever but it broke around lunch time in a big ole sweat. Hopefully she can go back to school tomorrow. I'm running back and forth to check on her and trying to keep up with my computer work.

Seems like you have a regular group here. Do you just chew the fat with whatever topic comes up?

So glad your lab has improved. What magic rx did the vet give? I need some myself.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:43 AM

This area, in particular, is very conservative. DH and I are two of only two or three Democrats on our street. She's been in the area several times for various events and got people all in a dither. She's very popular among the locals. Plus her daughter lives about 45 mins from No. Scottsdale. DH said, "Poor kid. You move away from home and Mom follows you."

A couple of nights ago on the news they showed "her" house and a SUV with Alaska plates driving up to it. DH and I both kind of gasped because we'd followed the same SUV up the road from Phoenix earlier that day. We noticed it for the plates and because the windows were darkened. You can tint you windows very dark here but this was an out-of-state car with heavy tint. Very unusual. Personally, I'll believe it when she says it's her house.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Seems like you have a regular group here. Do you just chew the fat with whatever topic comes up?
Yep! Welcome. We've all become good buddies. Nice to have a new face here in Chat.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:59 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Yep - a coffee klatch for the new millenium....

I saw the weirdest thing driving home from work today. I bird hovering above the street, flapping it's wings for all it was worth but not going anywhere. Kind of like a hummingbird would. But much larger - from what I could tell (as I drove by, I'm thinking almost robin-sized). It's not windy either so it's not like it was flapping into the wind....any idea of what it could be? I've never seen that before. I'll have to do some Googling....

Old 05-25-2011, 12:03 PM

Mockingbirds do that.

What were its markings? Color?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Hopes. please refer me to the particular thread you want me to look at. Thanks for the welcome.
This thread created by user Baltimore Suburbs: https://www.city-data.com/forum/paren...ming-pain.html

She followed your initial advice to charge babysitting fees, the later called CPS. Start from her post #21 to catch up.

Now today, she has posted looking for advice on how to handle things. Since she learned the child is neglected, she is permitted the child to be at her house but is frustrated. Everyone is telling her to stop letting the girl at her house.

Quote:
Yep. If you posted about pink elephants, we'd probably jump on that topic for a post or two, sometimes for a few pages, until a new topic sends us down a different trail. It's nice because we don't have to talk about parenting but get to hang out with members we know best from posts in the parenting forum. We can take opposing sides in parenting threads and come into this thread without a grudge and chat about anything that comes to our minds.

Quote:
So glad your lab has improved. What magic rx did the vet give? I need some myself.
He's on Deramaxx and Neurontin. I hear you. My own doctor won't treat my arthritis. Seems like our dogs better better treatment than we do!

Old 05-25-2011, 12:07 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Mockingbirds do that.

What were its markings? Color?
I was driving in the opposite direction - but it seems to me it was brown but I'm fairly certain I saw a small flash or red somewhere....

Old 05-25-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
DH said, "Poor kid. You move away from home and Mom follows you."
LAMO @ HUBBY! Smart guy!

Quote:
A couple of nights ago on the news they showed "her" house and a SUV with Alaska plates driving up to it. DH and I both kind of gasped because we'd followed the same SUV up the road from Phoenix earlier that day. We noticed it for the plates and because the windows were darkened. You can tint you windows very dark here but this was an out-of-state car with heavy tint. Very unusual. Personally, I'll believe it when she says it's her house.
Oh, my! She's that close! I had no idea. I thought you were in the middle of nowhere---where people rode horses down the streets and rattlesnakes guarded the library.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.