Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 05:39 PM

345 posts, read 476,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3divina View Post
I know someone who has a baby named Cullen, after Edward Cullen in "Twilight". People always ask her if her little boy is named after "Twilight" and she says yes he is, because she loves those books, and that if he had been a girl his name would've been Isabella.

This seems to be a trend.

What do you guys think about this?

Not the first time:

How many Katie Scarletts were around in the 1940s? And lest we not forget: Blake and Crystal (from Dynasty). The list is endless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 05:42 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,061,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadDad View Post
Not the first time:

How many Katie Scarletts were around in the 1940s? And lest we not forget: Blake and Crystal (from Dynasty). The list is endless.
hahaha, did you see my post above about all the Crystals?

Old 12-08-2010, 07:03 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,031,942 times
You want to name your baby after a vampire???

Old 12-08-2010, 07:11 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,081,730 times
We named our dog Victoria after the mean vampire..she lives up to the name occasionally too.

I have been known to color my hair pink like Tonks in HP.. she is one of my favorite characters because she is just so out there. Only second to Luna Lovegood..I love her too!!!!!! But Tonks has PINK HAIR!!! It is just the bomb, at 43 to have pink hair. Boy the looks I get. And totally freaked out my mother too, cause you know "No one in their right mind would do that." According to her. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Old 12-08-2010, 11:03 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,260,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
My daughter who is 17, just named our new cat, "Jasper". After the character in "Twilight". I guess it is better than Jacob, or Emmett, or Carlisle. I would have preferred Edward, Charlie, or Sam. But our last dog's name was Sam...so that name is retired now.
Ha! A good name for a cat.

There are sooooooooooooo many Isabelles and Isabellas right now, all called Izzy or Bella, that it doesn't matter on whit.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hahaha, did you see my post above about all the Crystals?
whoops, sorry. I didn't mean to plagerize.

I dabble in geneology. If you rumage through records from the early 1800s there are a lot of people named George W(ashington), Thomas J(efferson), James M(adison), Patrick H(enry), ... This naming after famous people, real or fictional, has been going around for a long time. At least the number of Bullwinkles and Spongebobs are kept to a minimum.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:31 AM

13,432 posts, read 28,862,892 times
Well Cullen is an ok name and Isabella/Isabelle is an old classic name so I don't see any harm
It's better than naming your kid Apple or Rumor or some of those other whacked out names celebs bestow on their kids

Sure there may be many Cullen's & Isabella's right now but that happens all the time..at one time Tara or Erin was a very uncommon name now look at all of them...lol no offense to any Tara's or Erin's out there

My cats are named Lucy after Lucille Ball & Gracie after Gracie Allen two of my favorite female entertainers

Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,404,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
As for the OP, just tell your friend that team Jacob is far superior to team Edward.
Ha! I had to +1 you for that.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Well Cullen is an ok name and Isabella/Isabelle is an old classic name so I don't see any harm
My G-G-GM was Isabella. There us also a Hendrix song of the same name, different spelling.

I have a friend named Layla. I was sure she was named after the song. It turns out she was named after her G-GM who was Persian. She was named after Leila from the story of Leila and Majnun, which was where Clapton got the name in the first place.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:43 AM

2,779 posts, read 5,523,186 times
My parents wanted to name me Peyton after Peyton Place. Didn't happen thank goodness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting