Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,868,398 times

Advertisements

That's right parents! No matter how dangerous the streets are....or how violent the time, your 15 year old son can handle it. Now your daughter obviously needs to be treated like china since she will break and is fragile. But send your sons out to the wolves because no matter what they have it covered. 3 masked guys jump him with a guns in hand, no problem he can handle if because he is a boy. A grown 250 lb linebacker prepares to pummel him into oblivion, no problem he can handle it because he is a boy. General zod from superman 2 comes at your son with laser vision, you guessed it! He can handle it because he is a boy!

Yes this is a sarcastic post btw .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 PM

889 posts, read 2,714,732 times
Hhhmmm. My kids are too young to be toooo worried, though we do try our best to protect them. I guess I kindly disagree with your remark.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityflair View Post
Hhhmmm. My kids are too young to be toooo worried, though we do try our best to protect them. I guess I kindly disagree with your remark.

Notice i said this was a sarcastic post .

Old 11-12-2010, 01:53 PM

623 posts, read 1,603,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Notice i said this was a sarcastic post .
I don't get it?

Old 11-12-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
I don't get it?

The thread is a poke at SKP440 and his belief that his daughter will never be allowed out at night as long as she lived in his house but his son was allowed out till all hours because as a boy he could take care of himself. It is located towards the last few pages in this thread https://www.city-data.com/forum/paren...teen-boys.html.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:43 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,979,846 times
Now, can a boy handle Master Chief and his unlimited life cheat code?

Old 11-12-2010, 02:58 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,091,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
That's right parents! No matter how dangerous the streets are....or how violent the time, your 15 year old son can handle it. Now your daughter obviously needs to be treated like china since she will break and is fragile. But send your sons out to the wolves because no matter what they have it covered. 3 masked guys jump him with a guns in hand, no problem he can handle if because he is a boy. A grown 250 lb linebacker prepares to pummel him into oblivion, no problem he can handle it because he is a boy. General zod from superman 2 comes at your son with laser vision, you guessed it! He can handle it because he is a boy!

You know perfectly well that no one said that. People said they would worry less for their sons. That doesn't mean no worries. Maybe you should realize that people parent differently than you do, and that doesn't make them wrong.

Yes this is a sarcastic post btw .
You know perfectly well that no one said that. People said they would worry less for their sons. That doesn't mean no worries. Maybe you should realize that people parent differently than you do, and that doesn't make them wrong.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:03 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,341,031 times
Anybody want some popcorn? I've got the good stuff

Old 11-12-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post

Actually yes he did say just that. He said he doesn't worry about his son at 15 being out at all hours because as a boy he can take care of himself. Go and read some of his posts and then come back and let us know what you think .

Old 11-12-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Anybody want some popcorn? I've got the good stuff
*steals a handfull*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting