Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:00 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,454,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Magritte25 wrote:

I was reading a few of your posts and I think you made some good common sense observations and I do realize that no parent can be perfect all the time but as I said earlier this particular incident is one that you would have to have seen yourself. I do think that certain judgements can be made during a brief observation. I've seen countless incidents when unruly children in public places have caused their parents to overreact and that's just human nature. However the woman I described was course, vulgar, and was threatening to kill someone. It simply went beyond the level of typical frustration and anger that all of us have felt countless times in our lives. I've been upset about many things myself but I've never threatened to kill anyone, have you?
Honestly? Yes. LOL But I am a hyperbolic person given to exaggeration during heights of emotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 10:30 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,693,560 times
Magritte25 wrote:
Quote:
Honestly? Yes. LOL But I am a hyperbolic person given to exaggeration during heights of emotion.
Ha! Sorry I brought it up but you do sound like a reasonable person.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:37 AM

992 posts, read 2,382,674 times
Ruh Roh. Turn me in. I'm 6 mos. pregnant and took a drink of my husband's draft beer when we were out to dinner the other night. It was delightful.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,772,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Noooooooo....really?! I would NEVER have guessed that about you Mags..... hehe

Old 11-08-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaguy View Post
magritte25 wrote:

Ha! Sorry i brought it up but you do sound like a reasonable person.:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
noooooooo....really?! I would never have guessed that about you mags..... Hehe
lol! :d

Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,111,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I just went to the grocery store and there was a woman who was standing directly in front of the sliding glass door at the entrance. She was on a cell phone and screaming at the top of her lungs at whoever was on the other end. She told the person that she was going to kill them and every other word was an obscenity. I had the feeling that it was her husband or boyfriend. What really upset me was the fact that she had a little boy who appeared to be about five or six years old and he was standing beside her and he looked terrified. I had the feeling that this was her young son.
I don't know if this is worthy of starting a thread but I just felt like I needed to vent my frustrations. Children who are subjected to this sort of behavior by a parent often become troubled and have serious problems in life. I've witnessed other events over the years when a parent appeared to be acting completely irresponsibly but this was one of the worst I've seen in awhile. I did tell someone in the store about it but she had left by then. My basic feeling is that there should be an intervention of something like this by law enforcement with help from social workers or someone with the authority to remove a child from this environment if they feel it is warranted. I realize that this is drastic action but I think we need to accept the fact that there are certain people who are not fit to be parents and society should consider the well being of the child to be more important than the rights of a parent. Any thoughts?

When its clearly a parent is abusing their kids in anyway..someone needs to interviene..I was at 7-11 one day getting gas and this lady was in a real nice jaguar getting gas too. She was on her phone yelling at someone, her little girl who looked around 2 got out of the car and started walking around the gas pumps and her little boy who was 6 kept on telling his mom she was out of the car..The mom kept telling the boy to shup up because apparently whoever she was yelling at was more important than getting her daughter. So I said really loud to my friend She needs to get her daughter before she gets hit by a car. The lady turned at looked at me like I was wasting my time.. So I pointed to her daughter and said Go get her now! and her little boy said see mom I told you she was out of the car..She put the little girl in the back seat then hit the boy really hard. Oh let me tell you I was pissed. I got out of my car stood right in front of her car and called the police and gave them her license plate number. Then I called her a disgrace as a mom..She told the police I was jealous because she had a jaguar and I had a jeep..And I was lying, she didnt hit her child..Thank god 7-11 has cameras..Let me tell you if 7-11 didnt have cameras I would of beat her ass before the cops got there..

Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,689,795 times
What the woman did was wrong, but calling the authorities is overkill. What would worry me though is if the child wasn't afraid, like it was something his mother did all the time. Uncharacteristic behavoir from parents often scares children more than anything. Seeing your "perfect" mother/father lose control can be darn scary for a child.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:26 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,559,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Ruh Roh. Turn me in. I'm 6 mos. pregnant and took a drink of my husband's draft beer when we were out to dinner the other night. It was delightful.
Please. I drank few beers too when I was pregnant, sue me.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
When its clearly a parent is abusing their kids in anyway..someone needs to interviene..I was at 7-11 one day getting gas and this lady was in a real nice jaguar getting gas too. She was on her phone yelling at someone, her little girl who looked around 2 got out of the car and started walking around the gas pumps and her little boy who was 6 kept on telling his mom she was out of the car..The mom kept telling the boy to shup up because apparently whoever she was yelling at was more important than getting her daughter. So I said really loud to my friend She needs to get her daughter before she gets hit by a car. The lady turned at looked at me like I was wasting my time.. So I pointed to her daughter and said Go get her now! and her little boy said see mom I told you she was out of the car..She put the little girl in the back seat then hit the boy really hard. Oh let me tell you I was pissed. I got out of my car stood right in front of her car and called the police and gave them her license plate number. Then I called her a disgrace as a mom..She told the police I was jealous because she had a jaguar and I had a jeep..And I was lying, she didnt hit her child..Thank god 7-11 has cameras..Let me tell you if 7-11 didnt have cameras I would of beat her ass before the cops got there..
Just curious, why didn't you go get the child?

I stopped a boy yesterday from running out of a mall when he got away from his mom. *shrug* Was it more important for you to see just how incompetent this mother was or what?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:45 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,933,675 times
I'll tell you why I wouldn't have gotten the child:
Because in today's over-reactive society, it would've been the perfect opportunity for the mom to turn around and accuse me of attempting to kidnap her darling precious little girl.

I don't need that kind of headache in my life. I'd yell at the kid to get back in her mom's car, honk on my horn, alert the management, stand in front of the mom's car, shake my fist - but no, I wouldn't put one finger on that child. I have no interest in a court appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting