Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:10 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,096,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
Just wondering how old the Trick or Treating crowd is where you live.

Here, there are kids who-- to me-- are way too old for Trick or Treating. Last year my mother had dozens of older teens ringing her doorbell, some ringing after 8 p.m. She stopped answering the bell at 7.

I remember that we stopped doing this at about age 12. Not sure if things have changed since then but the bulk of the kids ringing bells after 5 p.m. are a good bit older than that.

Is Trick or Treating mainly an activity for small kids where you live?

7pm?? WHAT? I cant believe that
7pm is not late
she should have put a note on the door that said " mean no fun lady has no candy here"
Im serious
TOO OLD?
As long as you can say trick or treat and be in the holiday spirit your never too old to trick or treat

This morning I was reading the paper, Some lady had gotten 3 teen boys at her house she only had one piece of candy left and asked the teen boys if there was any kids behind them, the boys looked and up the sidewalk came about 10 kids who appeared to be around 5 years old. This lady panicked because she didn't have enough candy, the teens reached into the candy buckets quickly refilled this ladys candy dish so she would have enough to give to the little kids.
What special teens these were and how the show kindness to others
So give anyone candy whos rings your bell you never know who's lives your'll touch with your generousity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 03:14 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,096,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Please see the letter entitled "Halloween Generous Trick or Treaters". Proof that all teens aren't bad.

Letters to the Editor - Nov. 3 - Boulder Daily Camera

I read it this morning
it made my day..
thanks for posting it

Old 11-03-2010, 07:47 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,947,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Please see the letter entitled "Halloween Generous Trick or Treaters". Proof that all teens aren't bad.

Letters to the Editor - Nov. 3 - Boulder Daily Camera
Now that's a really great story.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:37 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,092,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
Just wondering how old the Trick or Treating crowd is where you live.

Here, there are kids who-- to me-- are way too old for Trick or Treating. Last year my mother had dozens of older teens ringing her doorbell, some ringing after 8 p.m. She stopped answering the bell at 7.

I remember that we stopped doing this at about age 12. Not sure if things have changed since then but the bulk of the kids ringing bells after 5 p.m. are a good bit older than that.

Is Trick or Treating mainly an activity for small kids where you live?
Who the heck trick or treats before 5? Out here it doesn't start until it's dark out. I don't any kid came before 6:30. Most came between 7 and 8.

Now, growing up our rule was that once you hit high school you were too old.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:46 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,092,219 times
I will say that with where I now live, I have no problem giving candy to the teenagers. Why? This is a very heavy gang area, and it's great that the teens are trick or treating in costumes instead of off doing gang activities. The teenagers I had all said "Thank you," and most were appropriately dressed even to my prudish eyes. The people here do not have too many things to look forward to in life, so I am not going to begrudge them one night of fun. Where I grew up the teenagers had plenty of good things in their lives and really did not need to be trick or treating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting