Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:42 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,384,249 times

Advertisements

Oh, where to start?!
My daughter with long, beautiful, curly, blond hair put an entire tub of vasoline in it!!!! It took a month to get out!
This is the same daughter who used to love to wake from her nap, quietly poop then get it out of her diaper and paint the crib and the wall next to it brown! EW!!! Same daughter who once put a straw in the toilet to see why the dog liked that water so much more than the water in her bowl. Man, she was a little monster! Always up to something! If she was quiet you knew she was into something. She loved to stick things into outlets to watch the blue fire come out until it got her pretty good once. Yes, I did have the covers in the outlets. She learned to get them out by 2 years old!
She also liked to eat the berries from the bushes in the woods! Drink Windex. Eat the powder clorox cleaner. I had poison control on speed dial! I swear I DID watch my kids!!! I was afraid to go to the bathroom or take a shower for about two years!!!!

I think the worst one with her was when she climbed onto the table, wrapped the mini blind chord (which was clipped and shortened for safety) around her neck and jumped off. It looked like someone tried to hang her!!!! When I asked why she would do that.....yep...."I don't know!" I'm suprised that child survived!!! She wore out a lot of guardian angels!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 10:35 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,446,149 times
Now that sure does sound like my little boy---the poison center on speed dial...they actually KNOW you by first name!! Not really but I'm sure it was pretty close to that. But you know what? That is the sign of an intelligent child...although very hard on the parents. Constant motion. But it sounds like you both survived. Great stories...thanks for the smile!!

Old 08-11-2007, 01:41 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,384,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Now that sure does sound like my little boy---the poison center on speed dial...they actually KNOW you by first name!! Not really but I'm sure it was pretty close to that. But you know what? That is the sign of an intelligent child...although very hard on the parents. Constant motion. But it sounds like you both survived. Great stories...thanks for the smile!!
Thanks! She is a very smart child. Too smart for her own good! She's in 3rd grade now and in mostly advanced classes. She questions everything and explores everything! Thank God she is a little more cautious now than when she was younger, and has learned to ask if the berries are ok to eat when she finds them

Old 08-28-2007, 09:18 AM

Has anyone taken their 2-year old to the dentist? My daughter did....she wanted to get him started young so he wouldn't have a fear of the dentist. The first time he was a charm...his second visit he decided he'd rather not have the dentist looking in his mouth. Thank goodness this was a patient dentist and my daughter will return to get a small cavity filled next week. Meantime, my daughter has had some very long talks with her 2-year old son regarding how he does not have the option to say "no" to an adult--well for sure not to her or to the dentist!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 09:23 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,496,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Just for a smile!!!

Okay, I have to share this story....My daughter, Amber, calls me yesterday AM. She and her 2 year old son Robert were laying on the couch watching some tv together. Robert gets up and comes back and hands his mommy a bottle of water and ever so sweetly says, "here mama, I brought you some water". So they continue watching a bit more tv while Amber finishes off the bottle of water. Amber decides it's time for the two of them to take their shower so she takes Robert in the bathroom with her. Suddenly he runs out of the bathroom and soon returns with the empty bottle of water. Then he says to her, "just a second mama, I need to refill the water for you" as he sticks it into the tolet to refill!!!! All Amber could say was "oh no, you didn't". Amber said she did notice an odd flavor once she had finished off the bottle--but thought he'd gotten it from the cooler that was left over from their trip to the desert. UGH!!! Just wanted to make your day!! Life can be full of suprises!!
OMG!!!!! No-he-didn't! LOL! I would barf!

Old 08-28-2007, 09:51 AM

143 posts, read 579,085 times
Raised four boys. The local emergency room Dr. stitched up all four at some point and time. Two three times in some cases. We were on a first name basis. But the thing we laugh most about now ( wasn't so funny when it happened ) My youngest son loved to watch Barney on the TV. So one day he is bugging his mom to let him watch Barney. She tells him to get the tape and put it in the machine and push the button. My wife says it was only a couple of seconds when she heard a loud crash. Apparently the barney tape had fallen behind the TV and he had seen dad move the thing which was on a stand with rollers. He some how got between the TV and the wall and pushed the TV off the stand busting the picture tube. Thank God he wasn't hurt. When I got home he handed me his piggy bank and said I hope this is enough to pay the doctor to fix our TV.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:22 AM

Ohhhhhhh...what a good boy. How sweet trying to pay for a mistake. Bless his heart!

Old 08-28-2007, 03:40 PM

180 posts, read 960,500 times
I raised 3 blood kids and 2 fosters. Oh my I can tell the stories! All the ER nurses knew me and my kids by first name. All four of the boys were into rodeo and bull riding. Yep! First name basis!

I think my favorite story though is my youngest. He always sneezed when he went outside into the sun. As soon as the sun hit his eyes he'd let go with 3 or 4 big sneezes.
He learned to say "bless you" at an early age because everytime I would dust, I would sneeze. I told him it was just a dusty house when he asked me why I sneezed.

After one outdoor occasion, I had said "Bless you" about four times and just looked at him to see if he was done.
He looked up and said,

"Mamma, I must have dusty brains."

Old 08-29-2007, 06:40 AM

Smart little boy! I think I have dusty brains too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting