Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:32 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,584,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
I suppose some family will fit the results of any study. I hope to find that I'm part of the study of adult children found to have been accidentally switched at the hospital & are proven to be Betsy Bloomingdale's children. I've always had the feeling someone's been walking around with all my money... VV
Exactly. Families are interesting--at times.

I suppose one day we will do better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 01:29 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,803,731 times
Actually, since I'm the oldest of four girls --- I like that study!!
And, I am the smartest of the four. However....I think some of it is that I also had to develop good organizational and life skills because my three sisters were all younger and I had to help raise them. I believe that responsibility and hard work also contribute to intelligence.

When my daughter heard about that study she didn't know what to think about it -- then I said, "Hey, don't worry -- you're the smartest....because you're an only child!"

Everyone's unique, and most studies are skewed, anyway. If you're not the first-born, don't fret! Hahaha Smarts come in all shapes, sizes, birth orders, and with lots of different personalities.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:38 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,469,130 times
I read the article, and really, the IQs are so close. Two points, yes, but when the IQ is over a hundred, is it really that much of a difference? I'm the oldest and some would say the smartest, but I always go into things I know I'll be good at. My sister does things she doesn't know she'll be good at. As a result, she had a lower GPA for taking classes outside her natural ability. I think the test is the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting