Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,270,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma-To-Two View Post
They did this in the pouring rain.
The damage is not from burns but from being hit.

I pay her cell phone and for her food.
She pays for everything else.
So they HIT the door hard enough to cause damage and get the police involved.

OK, I stand corrected.

Any explanation of why/how they "hit" the door? They were trespassing on private property. And up to no good. Yes. I'd cut off her cell phone. The POLICE came to your door. There is a huge problem here that needs to be dealt with. You aren't doing her any favors if she just slides on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 03:18 PM

9 posts, read 12,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So they HIT the door hard enough to cause damage and get the police involved.

OK, I stand corrected.

Any explanation of why/how they "hit" the door? They were trespassing on private property. And up to no good. Yes. I'd cut off her cell phone. The POLICE came to your door. There is a huge problem here that needs to be dealt with. You aren't doing her any favors if she just slides on this one.

I believe it was something from the firework that may be shot at the door and made marks. I also believe that the boy who lit the firework, also banged on the door after lighting the firework.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:19 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,838,387 times
You have no intention of turning her in? Wow, some parent you are. No wonder at 20 she's taking you for all that she can. And at 20, why are you paying for her cell phone? And at 20, why aren't you expecting any kind of behavioral standards that earns her the privilege of living at home without bringing the cops to your door.

You daughter isn't the only problem.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:20 PM

9 posts, read 12,718 times
And it was just the one boy who ran over to the door and did everything. No one else went with him and had no idea what he really did until afterwords.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:22 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,617,929 times
Quote:
And it was just the one boy who ran over to the door and did everything. No one else went with him and had no idea what he really did until afterwords.
If you believe that your very naive.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:24 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,197,610 times
Quote:
What would you do if the cops showed up at your house at 10am asking for your 20 year old daughter and inquiring about a firework prank the night before?

Turns out some of your sons friends went with your daughter and her friend to set off a firework in front of some guys house they knew and hated and the firework left damage on their front door?
Say she lied to the cop and avoided getting out of trouble and got away with it.

Would there be any punishment at home from you(the parent)?
And what would you do? Say you paid for most her stuff...would you do something like take her cell phone away?
Twenty year old daughter? I'd be saying.... "Honey, shall I pick up the "change of address card" at the post office or will you?" Meaning - she would be OUT OF MY HOUSE IN A HEART BEAT.

And I would also be turning her lying butt into the cops ASAP. I don't have *any* sympathy for lairs.

YMMV

20yrsinBRANSON

Old 07-05-2010, 03:51 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,675,873 times
Quote:
Are you sure you are the parent, and not the twenty year old daughter who doesn't understand how the law works?

Old 07-05-2010, 03:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,034,743 times
I invite them in and let yher deal with it. She is a adult afterall.I thnik what you learned is your daughter lies and that does mean that she is clear yet,because they just don't listen to teh person accused. it may come back on her later. Let her live and learn is what I say. As long as she lives i your house and brings the cops to your door its effects you. Basically she can either growup or get out on her own is what I would stress.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:56 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,767,013 times
Quote:
Obviously, Momma-To-Two . . . you have an endless supply of feeble excuses.

I have a feeling this is not the first time you've "covered" for your daughter and probably will not be the last.

I'm sticking with the advice in my previous post . . . set an important lifelong example by calling the police immediately as covering for her will come back to bite you in the butt, sooner or later.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:01 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,369,677 times
Somehow I don't see this as the last time the police will be at your door what with you covering for her and all.

As others have said, she is just as guilty as the one who lit the firework. It amazes me that you would call this a prank when this could have burned the house down and seriously injured people. If someone did this to your home in the middle of the night and frightened you would you say "oh it was just a prank, it's okay"?

If you want her to be a responsible adult you have to let her face the consequences of her actions. Doing anything less is a disservice to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting