Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 05:34 PM

908 posts, read 1,555,361 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
I'm not a pagan or a witch but I do believe such things. However, I know little about it so I hope you guys can help.

A friend of mine was visiting her dad, and something just told her to go into her sister's room. She is not an intrusive person, and told me she fought the urge to go in there solely because of her feelings about privacy. The door to the room was open, and my friend noticed a family album on the floor, so she decided to get the album and show her husband & kids her child hood pictures. As soon as she walked in her sister's bedroom she bent down to pick up the album and her eyes fixed on the dresser. There was on the dresser one of my friends belongings. She is a crafter, and sells her goods at craft shows & health & beauty shows. A bag of her herbal baths was sitting on its side on the dresser. She gives her family & friends such gifts often, but this wasn't one she gave her sister. That still wasn't so bad, except that there were rusty nails & pins stuck inside the item, and it looked like it was burned in. I don't know why that is necessary as you can just push the nails in, but the holes looked burned, and the rusty nails & pins were sticking straight up & looked burned also. Could this be a spell, black magic/witchcraft? If so what would be the purpose, and what is it supposed to do to my friend, if anything? What should my friend do?
My friend has an uneasy relationship with her sister. Her sister is the envious type and is very mean, but my friend never thought she'd be so malevolent as to use black magic to hurt someone.
My friend certainly appreciates your help, and so do I as I hate to see her hurt over this.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 07:53 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Hi all!
I'm not a pagan or a witch but I do believe such things. However, I know little about it so I hope you guys can help.

A friend of mine was visiting her dad, and something just told her to go into her sister's room. She is not an intrusive person, and told me she fought the urge to go in there solely because of her feelings about privacy. The door to the room was open, and my friend noticed a family album on the floor, so she decided to get the album and show her husband & kids her child hood pictures. As soon as she walked in her sister's bedroom she bent down to pick up the album and her eyes fixed on the dresser. There was on the dresser one of my friends belongings. She is a crafter, and sells her goods at craft shows & health & beauty shows. A bag of her herbal baths was sitting on its side on the dresser. She gives her family & friends such gifts often, but this wasn't one she gave her sister. That still wasn't so bad, except that there were rusty nails & pins stuck inside the item, and it looked like it was burned in. I don't know why that is necessary as you can just push the nails in, but the holes looked burned, and the rusty nails & pins were sticking straight up & looked burned also. Could this be a spell, black magic/witchcraft? If so what would be the purpose, and what is it supposed to do to my friend, if anything? What should my friend do?
My friend has an uneasy relationship with her sister. Her sister is the envious type and is very mean, but my friend never thought she'd be so malevolent as to use black magic to hurt someone.
My friend certainly appreciates your help, and so do I as I hate to see her hurt over this.
Thanks in advance!
Magic/witchcraft is not 'black' or 'white' anymore than a hammer is inherently evil -- it's the intent that determines the result. That said, there are a number of explanations for what she saw.

First, and foremost, is that she's simply acting out and hoping someone will see (and make a big deal of) her 'edgy' behavior.

It's also possible that the nails are a protective element -- historically, nails have been placed across door frames to shield the household from hostile energies.

What herbs are in the bundle? That would tell us a lot about what it was intended to do.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Magic/witchcraft is not 'black' or 'white' anymore than a hammer is inherently evil -- it's the intent that determines the result. That said, there are a number of explanations for what she saw.

First, and foremost, is that she's simply acting out and hoping someone will see (and make a big deal of) her 'edgy' behavior.

It's also possible that the nails are a protective element -- historically, nails have been placed across door frames to shield the household from hostile energies.

What herbs are in the bundle? That would tell us a lot about what it was intended to do.
Pardon my color coding magic. As I said, I know very little about it.
I'm not sure what the herbs are but I know they are for muscle & sports injury healing, as my friend has given me the bath mix many times to help with my chronic pain. I doubt the sister who knows what the herbs are.
My friend was curious as to why her sister wouldn't just use the bath to relax. It just seemed odd. BTW, the sister is not young, she's a grown woman. I know teens aren't the only ones who seek attention, but it just seems odd for an adult with a college education to do this.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Pardon my color coding magic. As I said, I know very little about it.
I'm not sure what the herbs are but I know they are for muscle & sports injury healing, as my friend has given me the bath mix many times to help with my chronic pain. I doubt the sister who knows what the herbs are.
My friend was curious as to why her sister wouldn't just use the bath to relax. It just seemed odd. BTW, the sister is not young, she's a grown woman. I know teens aren't the only ones who seek attention, but it just seems odd for an adult with a college education to do this.
It does seem a bit odd, yeah. We can probably discount that as the cause .

Hmm....muscle relaxants....

From what you're describing, it sounds like she's attempting to augment the healing power of the herbs with a bit of magical assistance.

I wouldn't be too worried.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
It does seem a bit odd, yeah. We can probably discount that as the cause .

Hmm....muscle relaxants....

From what you're describing, it sounds like she's attempting to augment the healing power of the herbs with a bit of magical assistance.

I wouldn't be too worried.
Thanks.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:36 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Are you interested in learning something?

Bad intentions must be accepted before they can hurt you. If your friend chooses to turn away her sister's bad intentions, then she will not be affected.

The sister could have been doing any sort of different activity with the bath salts. Maybe she was just working off some anger. Maybe she has a little pyromaniac issue. Maybe she is mentally ill. I suspect that the chances that the sister is trained in any sort of magic to be about zip.

If the sister is attempting to learn voodoo, what she has done does not strike me as an attempt to harm. Although, I am not trained in voodoo. At any rate, your friend does not have to accept what the sister is sending towards her.

Has the friend considered discussing it with her sister?

My suggestion is that your friend stop invading her sister's privacy.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Are you interested in learning something?

Bad intentions must be accepted before they can hurt you. If your friend chooses to turn away her sister's bad intentions, then she will not be affected.

The sister could have been doing any sort of different activity with the bath salts. Maybe she was just working off some anger. Maybe she has a little pyromaniac issue. Maybe she is mentally ill. I suspect that the chances that the sister is trained in any sort of magic to be about zip.

If the sister is attempting to learn voodoo, what she has done does not strike me as an attempt to harm. Although, I am not trained in voodoo. At any rate, your friend does not have to accept what the sister is sending towards her.

Has the friend considered discussing it with her sister?

My suggestion is that your friend stop invading her sister's privacy.
She actually has spoken to her sister before. From what she learned from a friend who is Wiccan, is that doing spells to harm, or control someone's freewill will bring bad results to the one casting the spell. He sister was researching the bad type of spells, not the good energy spells the Wiccan friend suggested. I don't think she's trained, but she was trying to learn.
As for invading the privacy, well, she wasn't doing that. The door was open, it is where the photo album was, and the item with the nails was on the dresser. My friend didn't look through her sister's things.
Mental illness I do think may be involved, but not to the point that the sister is delusional. She's just very miserable and hates everyone, especially those who try to help her the most.

I didn't know about being able to turn away from bad intentions. I as always told that you can't if someone's hate is strong. I've seen it in action, ironically from someone who did very mean spells, but was very nice to me only. She told me that the bad energy spells can't be stopped. I guess that's another misconception.
Thanks for the information.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
She actually has spoken to her sister before. From what she learned from a friend who is Wiccan, is that doing spells to harm, or control someone's freewill will bring bad results to the one casting the spell. He sister was researching the bad type of spells, not the good energy spells the Wiccan friend suggested. I don't think she's trained, but she was trying to learn.
As for invading the privacy, well, she wasn't doing that. The door was open, it is where the photo album was, and the item with the nails was on the dresser. My friend didn't look through her sister's things.
Mental illness I do think may be involved, but not to the point that the sister is delusional. She's just very miserable and hates everyone, especially those who try to help her the most.

I didn't know about being able to turn away from bad intentions. I as always told that you can't if someone's hate is strong. I've seen it in action, ironically from someone who did very mean spells, but was very nice to me only. She told me that the bad energy spells can't be stopped. I guess that's another misconception.
Thanks for the information.
Spot-on. Wicca places a great emphasis on free will and responsibility; harmful magic does just as much harm to the caster as it does to the 'target'.

If the spell is being used in a vengeful or violent manner (again, magic itself is not 'good' or 'evil'), then she'll eventually get her karmic due.

If she's seriously miserable enough to hate everyone, she needs more than magical help, I'm afraid....

Old 06-03-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Spot-on. Wicca places a great emphasis on free will and responsibility; harmful magic does just as much harm to the caster as it does to the 'target'.

If the spell is being used in a vengeful or violent manner (again, magic itself is not 'good' or 'evil'), then she'll eventually get her karmic due.

If she's seriously miserable enough to hate everyone, she needs more than magical help, I'm afraid....
I agree she needs some serious therapy. My friend has been trying to get her to see someone, but her sister just blames everyone else. My friend is about fed up, and ready to just keep her distance to avoid the emotional drain. You can't help someone who refuses to see they have a problem.
Thanks again, for your feedback.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 AM

9 posts, read 73,619 times
As said before Wiccans place a great deal of responsibility on the one casting. Most Wiccans will not cast without permission of the subject. I will not even cast a protection spell without permission from the person. Any thing that could be mind or will bending is considered against the Wiccan Reede and the 13 Principals of Witchcraft sat in place by the American Council of Witches. If she is truly worried about it tell her to find a pure white candle and burn it. It will clense the area around her. A pure black candle will repel negative energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism