Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 02:04 AM

132 posts, read 454,003 times

Advertisements

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this so if it's in the wrong forum section, feel free to move it.

I have a tendancy to have lots of crazy dreams and such, but every once and a while, I get one that's very vivid such as this one. It's been a very long time since I've had any dream close to this one. Quite frankly, it would be nice to have more like this one. In fact, I liked it so much, I had to type it the same morning I awoke so I would never forget it.

Before I go any further, I think I should explain a few things. I guess it's what you'd call a romantic dream of some sort with a happy ending. For a long time, I've been one of those "hopeless romantics", constantly thinking of ways to be the best boyfriend/husband ever and hoping one day some lady would recognize my efforts and love me the same way. Fairly recently, that part of me has died off. I stopped believing in love and romance about 2 years ago due to the 17+ year streak of bad experiences with women. That's enough to leave visible damage on any man. Eventually, I said no more, they aren't going to have F.U.N. with me anymore (Find him, Use him, Negate him). Anyway, enough of that story. Here's what I was dreaming Friday night. Btw, it's fairly long as I tried to get every detail in so you might want to grab a snack.

Quote:
"Once again, I’ve had yet another romantic dream. Unlike most others, this one was much more vivid than any other I’ve had for a very long time (not since the one where I unknowingly married a 10 year old). This one was so good; I just had to type it out so I’ll never forget it!

As usual, my dream starts off not making any sense at all. Things like riding the bus to some both unknown and crazy location and finding a broken net-book that I wanted to fix up for my mom this Mother’s Day, driving down a highway only to come up to a sharp turn created by construction workers with no warning signs, then crashing into a concrete barricade and my former co-worker who was in the car nearly died, and other stuff I can’t seem to remember. The topic of my dreams tends to change randomly and usually never has any connection with what else is going on. But at the end of that dream, the event just felt beyond real.

It all started as I was re-united with this blind girl during a sunset on a cloudless day. Have you ever noticed in some dreams; you have memories of events that never actually happened in real life? Well, in this dream, I had met this girl before when she was younger and we were friends. As far as I could tell, the girl was always blind and never actually seen me in her life. We got along very well and I really enjoyed playing and talking with her. In fact, we were inseparable, and I felt very close to her. If my memory serves me right, we were separated for 8 years before we became reunited.

The funny thing is how we crossed paths again. It was a completely random thing as I was trying to open a tool shed and she comes out of nowhere and finds me. When I saw her, I instantly knew who she was. It was the little blind girl I used to play with regularly 8 years ago, only now, she wasn’t a little girl anymore. She was [practically] all grown up standing 6 feet tall, and she was absolutely gorgeous (in her own way, not that overrated and totally tired movie star/super model look either)! My guess is that she was looking for me for a long time. Even though she had managed to find me, she didn’t know exactly where I was standing. What I was doing at the time was trying to get this lock open even though I didn’t have the key. So I was trying to pick the lock, but was having difficulty. Even worse, my glasses were broken and the lenses fell out (at the time of writing, my glasses are broken and I need new ones). Somehow, she manages to get the lock open in much less time then I had wasted with my own efforts.

After getting the tool shed open she walks in wondering where I am. I’m guessing she thought I was trapped inside the tool shed and came to my rescue. After calling her to let her know I wasn’t in the tool shed, she quickly runs out and embraces me tightly. Her touch felt so warm and comforting, I didn’t want to let her go, ever. But of course, one cannot be locked in each other’s arms forever. Her smile was as lovely and gentle as sunlight itself and she had beautiful eyes that were as lustrous as pure silver. She was also wearing a lovely pink jacket with fur around the hood and sleeves, a lovely dress, and some really nice leather high heel shoes made from multi coloured square patches of leather that had colours that were shades of green, yellow, red and brown; similar to that of leaves on a tree during the middle of the fall season. Needless to say, she was well dressed and her straight, auburn coloured hair was well groomed. Was she really looking this good just for me? Not bad for someone who can’t actually see what she’s wearing.

Another thing I found remarkable about her was her ability to instantly recognize voices from nearly 10 years ago and it was if she had the ability to lock on to my position at all times with her exceptionally great ears. This dream led me to this conclusion. Even though she could not see my physical appearance with her natural eyes, she must have formed a mental image of me using her heart instead. Clearly, it takes more than a set of eyes to see one’s heart thoroughly from the inside out.

Judging by her character, attitude, maturity, and the fact that she went through all this trouble to find me led me to believe that she had at one point managed to cope with her blindness and use it to her advantage. She had my complete and total admiration for this and more. This girl was the perfect example of the saying “true love is blind”.

From the memories I did have of, she was always the sweetest little girl I’ve ever known. And now that she is an adult, I saw that she hadn’t changed at all, but only for the better if any. She had every quality I would look for in a potential wife. From that point on, I felt as if I was hit by 100 of cupid’s arrows! I was in love. The thought of having a wife that was also my best friend so the romance and excitement in our relationship would never die was beyond exciting. At that very moment, I was willing to commit my entire life to taking good care of her, ensuring the best of her well being, catering to her every need, and protecting her from harm and danger. Absolutely no sexual thoughts came to mind, at all. In my opinion, this is the true loving nature every man should have. At one point, these feelings were quite common, now it has sadly become a rarity.

Then her dad appears and puts his arm around his daughter’s shoulder. He begins to speak about how her daughter was determined to find me, how much she appreciated her, and all the good things she used to say about me. As her dad continued with his speech, she continued to smile at me with those silver eyes glistening in the back of my mind like newly minted silver dollars. Those eyes never glanced away from me for a minute and so far, I was doing the same. The sunset seemed to bring out the colours of both her clothes, shoes and eyes. I was trying to listen to her father speak, but it was difficult not to let his words go in one ear and out the other because I was so in love with this woman and it appeared that I already had his blessing and possibly wanted me to be her husband.

That was a great dream. The worst part of it was the fact that I woke up. After I awoke, I thought to myself for a while. What if something like this were to happen in real life? How would I react? Would I give love another chance?

But, what are the chances…?"
So, what could it mean to you? I mean, do you think that it's a sign that I shouldn't just give in; just like that? If so, then I don't know if I'm up to giving love anymore chances as it has failed me over 20 times already. I dunno, maybe it's just a dream of what I always wanted. Tell me your thoughts.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 AM

3,459 posts, read 5,790,983 times
You're self conscious about how you look...

Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 AM

What brought you to that conclusion?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:38 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Sometimes dreams dont mean anything. Sometimes they are a form of our subconsciousness, unbeknownst to us in many cases.
Ive had dreams that have come true, and these are things that I have no control over, such as that dream I had a couple weeks ago about that big meteor that flew over the midwest. My dream (about 3 days prior to that event) was about a big fireball in the sky!
You can also look up dream meanings in a search engine, I use 'dream moods' in mine and it takes you to a link that can 'define' what your dreams mean. Whether or not its accurate, sometimes they seem to tie in with your daily life.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:47 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
I don't know if you are a Christian or not, but I am. So from my perspective, based on the Bible, I believe that sometimes dreams do have a meaning. In the Bible, dreams were recognized as sometimes being from God, and I think that sometimes He does still speak to us that way. (Now don't get me wrong, sometimes vivid dreams are just what we might call "too much pizza before bed" dreams or as someone said sometimes, just our own strong desires.) But yeah, I definitely believe that at least sometimes our dreams ARE significant and we should heed them. If you are someone who does have faith in God, I would pray and ask Him if there was any significance to your dream and if so, what specifically. I think it is indeed possible that He is trying to encourage you not to give up on your desires.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:55 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I don't know if you are a Christian or not, but I am. So from my perspective, based on the Bible, I believe that sometimes dreams do have a meaning. In the Bible, dreams were recognized as sometimes being from God, and I think that sometimes He does still speak to us that way. (Now don't get me wrong, sometimes vivid dreams are just what we might call "too much pizza before bed" dreams or as someone said sometimes, just our own strong desires.) But yeah, I definitely believe that at least sometimes our dreams ARE significant and we should heed them. If you are someone who does have faith in God, I would pray and ask Him if there was any significance to your dream and if so, what specifically. I think it is indeed possible that He is trying to encourage you not to give up on your desires.
I totally agree with you Kay! I've had lots and lots of dreams that meant absolutely nothing.....but I've had a couple that meant everything! They were spot on and one saved my son's life when he was 5.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:07 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Dreams are real, it's that 4th dimension of life which most people don't understand since we all live in the 3rd dimension when we're awake.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:22 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
The meaning of this dream is very clear to me. It's telling you to send $40,000 in unmarked bills to normie... once you do that you will see more clearly....

Old 05-10-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Yes, I am a Christian (and I thought I'd be the only one) and I do believe in God. In that case I guess it would be the best thing to do. Why didn't I think of that sooner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics