Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 01:50 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,031,285 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

So tell us, did you end up "pranking" or getting "pranked" yesterday for April Fools ?

Suncoast Guy got me here on CD. The rest of the day I was paranoid so nobody else got me again!....LOL

Bonus Question:

The "Glenda the Garden Fairy" is back from vacation ( I think she was wintering at Alaskan Mutts house with Fred )

What will she be helping you do in your yard ?

Get rid of my weeds!

What do you wish you could grow at your house ?

Grass that would never get taller than a couple of inches and would never have to be mowed!....LOL.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing someone asked for your advise on ?

My sister asked me about a minor problem she was having with her PC.

Did they take it ?

Yes.

Just for Fun:

What was your last "Do as I say,not as I do " moment ?

I try to practice what I preach, but then again I try not to preach so I'm not sure...LOL.

Today in History:
1889 - Charles Hall patented aluminum on this day
1954 - Plans to build Disneyland 1st announced
1978 - Velcro was 1st put on the market
1978 - TV show "Dallas" premieres on CBS - I first started watching that show a year or two later, the season with the "Who shot J.R." cliffhanger, and was hooked on it after that!...LOL.

Today is:
National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
Sweet Potato Day

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 03:28 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Bonus Question:
The "Glenda the Garden Fairy" is back from vacation. What will she be helping you do in your yard ?

Pulling weeds.

A glacier to keep the house and yard cool this summer.

Extra Credit Question:
What was the last thing someone asked for your advise on ? Did they take it ?
A Christmas gift.Nope and as explained to the giver, the recipient still hasn't used it.

Today in History:
1978 - TV show "Dallas" premieres on CBS
My mom watched that every Friday.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:15 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Well, here comes ol' Stripes...late to the party again! Had to work today. Boss let everyone leave at 3PM, but I was stuck working on stuff till 5:00 anyway.

Today's Question(s):

So tell us, did you end up "pranking" or getting "pranked" yesterday for April Fools ?
I was more on the pranking side.

Bonus Question:

The "Glenda the Garden Fairy" is back from vacation ( I think she was wintering at Alaskan Mutts house with Fred )

What will she be helping you do in your yard ?
Hopefully performimg an Easter miracle raising my lawn from the dead!

Outside, quick growing privacy and bedding shrubs. Inside... my bank account!

Extra Credit Question:

How to fix an electrical issue on the motorcycle.

Did they take it ?
I think so. I wasn't there when the repairs were being attempted.

Just for Fun:

Geesh, did I mention I have two expressive and adventurous teens? When is there NOT a 'do as I say; not as I do' moment?

Today in History:
1792 - The U.S. Congress authorized the first U.S. mint. Philadelphia, PA. Toured the Phil. Mint in 8th grade. Cool place!
1889 - Charles Hall patented aluminum on this day Think his family gets royalties?
1954 - Plans to build Disneyland 1st announced And then millions and millions flock there to give there money to a rodent!
1978 - Velcro was 1st put on the market Wow, aluminum and velcro on the same anniversary day. Cool!
1978 - TV show "Dallas" premieres on CBS Not for me

Today is:
National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day The all-american lunch food!
Sweet Potato Day Not for me.
National Ferret Day Not for me.
International Children's Book Day Great way to bond with kids!
National Reading a Road Map Day Now we need international road map FOLDING day!

Hope y'all had a good Good Friday.

Last edited by Stripes17; 04-02-2010 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: abc

Old 04-02-2010, 04:33 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Prank or pranked yesterday?
Only on Farmville! Someone toilet papered my barn....and I returned the favor!

Have a wonderful Easter week-end, all!

Old 04-02-2010, 04:45 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
I didnt prank or get pranked yesterday, was too busy. But a customer came in (he's a regular) and pulled one on us, a cute one so he couldnt get in trouble. It actually worked for some employees!!!
He was asking around for powdered water. A couple of cashiers fell for it and called different depts asking about powdered water!!

LOL... I would have told him something like "We're out of it now, but it's on order, we do have liquid water, however!"..

Old 04-02-2010, 07:00 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
No pranks here at all.
Glenda can do anything she wants in the yard that makes gives it curb appeal.
Someone at work asked my advise and took it.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:24 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times
No pranks given or received.
Glenda can help cut down some dead grape vines and cut back some bushes in my landlady's yard.
The last time I said "Do as I say, not as I do" was when I was a manager right before retirement.
Last advise given was to my daughter on a decision she was trying to make. I think she followed it.
I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in honor of today.
A bottle of Chianti helped slake my thirst tonight.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:06 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,607,255 times
The "Glenda the Garden Fairy" is back from vacation What will she be helping you do in your yard ?
Putting stepping stones, raised garden beds and mulch everywhere until there is no lawn left to mow or weed whack.

Citrus. I miss all the orange and grapefruit trees I had in FL.

How to start a container garden

Did they take it ?
No, he just wanted me to do everything for him.

Never rent a house/trailer/apartment/condo/duplex to a friend. And don't let them move in with you, either!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:56 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
So tell us, did you end up "pranking" or getting "pranked" yesterday for April Fools ? I convinced my son his paycheck didn't come when he was all ready to go to the store and shop.

Bonus Question:

What will she be helping you do in your yard ? Nothing right now, it is too cold, but in May she can help me plants flower seeds.

What do you wish you could grow at your house ? I wish we could grow melons, but it is too cold and too short of a season here.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing someone asked for your advise on ? Someone asked my opinion on if she should get her brakes fixed at a certain place.

Did they take it ? Yes, she did.

Just for Fun:

What was your last "Do as I say,not as I do " moment ? Trying to convince my 7 year old to not be chewing gum when I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics