Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 04:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,924,875 times

Advertisements

Why waste the doctor's time and your money if you aren't going to take their advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 05:03 AM

16,819 posts, read 17,587,124 times
Indeed- we often know that (s)he'll say cut down on this, give up that, and lose twenty pounds.

I know I've posted this before and apologies to those who've seen it but I guess it's relevant here.

The saying I like goes like this;

Doctor 'Do you smoke?'
Patient 'No.'
Doctor 'That's a shame because giving up would have helped.'

Old 03-27-2010, 06:09 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,235,950 times
I guess it depends on what the advice is...cause some doctors tend to be full of c***. Some also need to listen to their patience in regards to what they already know about their body. But...with this said I believe that many times patience ingorantly ignore advice that is very important!!

Old 03-27-2010, 06:14 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,717,483 times
Some people are in denial and won't change. they'll bull crap the doctor and with hold the truth thinking they are getting away with it. They dont' realize their only hurting themselves.

And I also agree with Misty.....some doctors are arrogant and egotisitical..you just sit there, listen and shut your mouth while the great oz speaks.
Oh lordie.
Just have to find the right one...If you dont' like him/her....then change.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,186,468 times
Doctors are so quick to offer things like estrogen pills etc...

No thanks...

Old 03-27-2010, 06:27 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,281,963 times
I sometimes think that doctors just spout the "party line" when it comes to giving advice.....not that it isn't good advice.....it's just canned advice and sometimes it may not be the BEST advice for the person the doc has in front of him/her.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:40 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,091,988 times
Well seeking advice and then ignoring it (while continuing to whine) in general is a peeve of mine: don't want the advice don't ask. Really don't go to Dr. because I don't get sick or have any issues (well lol).

However, using 2 OB/GYN's as example: first one didn't listen to ME and kept telling me I wasn't in labor, then waited until I almost died to go "uh, I think she's right, we need to do an emergency C-Section' The other in the mountains was fabulous and I should have listened to him when he told me the other OB/GYN had just butchered me (even showed me the video against my will ), and told me I should file a malpractice suit against him - which I didn't do. Had lessions (sp) and some other stuff because of it, and couldn't get pregnant again (not that I wanted to anyway)

This same 'good' OB/GYN after my hysto told me he was going to give me estrogen b/c my hormone levels were going to drop and I told him I would be fine - a week later I was back in his office balling like a baby (IOW I should have taken his advice/listened to him). BUT after 9 months my body leveled itself out, so I didn't refill them and have had no symptoms/issues since. He didn't lecture me or anything - just said that's great; most women need to be on them longer.

So IMO it's all about 'finding' an actual competent doctor to begin that's the big challenge then when one does, take their advice. It's the whole competent thing that can be difficult.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 AM

44,756 posts, read 62,145,227 times
Doc said "try these blue pills" then gave me a prescription for more, sure wasn't a waste of time or money...

Old 03-27-2010, 09:01 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,798,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Doc said "try these blue pills" then gave me a prescription for more, sure wasn't a waste of time or money...

must have been a boner chilling experience.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:17 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,047,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Why waste the doctor's time and your money if you aren't going to take their advice?
I don’t believe everything a doctor tells me. Some of their answers to health issues are incorrect and can cause other problems down the road. Example ,,, here take these pills for your blood pressure and your fixed. ~ Until you find out that those pills now destroyed your heart and your dying anyway. The side effects of some advice isn’t worth the cure for original problem.

I believe in more natural less invasive health cures, medicine from pharmaceuticals is the last thing I want to take. Eat health, stay healthy.

This is what I'm talking about: Suncoast Guy - https://www.city-data.com/forum/13470103-post1.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics