Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:36 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,234,088 times

Advertisements

Not really a "peeve" with me. I feel sorry for such people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 08:44 AM

44,676 posts, read 61,796,128 times
I thought we had to have a man and a woman to complete the circle. I'm confused too, I thought it took two to tango, two to fulfill life, two to share experiences, two to compliment each other, two to argue, two to kiss and make up etc etc.
But on the other hand, women do need to complete themselves since their men don't know how to apply that make-up for them.
Is this being, WOTD garrulous, or not...

Old 03-20-2010, 08:45 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,881,236 times
Okay gang blame this one on spring fever-LOL

Old 03-20-2010, 08:49 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,061,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
The need some feel to have another in their lives to feel complete. No one completes you but you!

Happy Spring!!!
Well, I'm divorced and with work don't socialize a lot - small towns so kind-of like Cheers 'where everyone knows your name' lol and the last thing I want to do after a full day of work is 'talk work'. I get just the opposite from people I know: Constantly asking me 'aren't you lonely' 'why don't you date' 'oh I have a male friend I want you to meet' etc. etc. etc. - even as a child I enjoyed spending time by myself reading, riding my horse, my bike etc. As an adult, I enjoy my own company; I'm 'already complete' and don't need anyone (a man) to complete it. Now if God decided that there was the 'right man' for me and dropped him on my doorstep, well, it's not like I wouldn't 'listen' - but He would literally have to have the guys car break down in front of my house or office lol since those are the two places I'm usually at.

My sister is the complete opposite and it's probably why she's on her 7th (yes, you read that correctly) marriage, albiet she did marry one man twice - didn't work the 2nd time any better than the first If one is not happy with themselves, like who they are, etc. then being in a relationship isn't going to help 'complete' them. Like Lacey said: No one completes you, but you. The rest, well, is like the cherry on top of the whip cream.

Happy Spring to all of you who have been counting the days lol and actually didn't realize it was the first day of Spring since my house is in an area known as the land of eternal Spring. I never know what season it is

Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,040,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Well, I'm divorced and with work don't socialize a lot - small towns so kind-of like Cheers 'where everyone knows your name' lol and the last thing I want to do after a full day of work is 'talk work'. I get just the opposite from people I know: Constantly asking me 'aren't you lonely' 'why don't you date' 'oh I have a male friend I want you to meet' etc. etc. etc. - even as a child I enjoyed spending time by myself reading, riding my horse, my bike etc. As an adult, I enjoy my own company; I'm 'already complete' and don't need anyone (a man) to complete it. Now if God decided that there was the 'right man' for me and dropped him on my doorstep, well, it's not like I wouldn't 'listen' - but He would literally have to have the guys car break down in front of my house or office lol since those are the two places I'm usually at.

My sister is the complete opposite and it's probably why she's on her 7th (yes, you read that correctly) marriage, albiet she did marry one man twice - didn't work the 2nd time any better than the first If one is not happy with themselves, like who they are, etc. then being in a relationship isn't going to help 'complete' them. Like Lacey said: No one completes you, but you. The rest, well, is like the cherry on top of the whip cream.

Happy Spring to all of you who have been counting the days lol and actually didn't realize it was the first day of Spring since my house is in an area known as the land of eternal Spring. I never know what season it is

Ditto - couldn't say it better. I had been in steady relations (1 marriage) since I was 15 and when I divorced, even though it wasn't unpleasant, I just haven't had the desire to do it all again.

As C21 says - if the perfect man comes along (falls on the hood of my car when I'm driving) I hope I'm smart enough to recognize that he's a keeper, but if not, well, that's oK. I just don't know where this attitude comes from but I'm glad to know others feel the same way.

I admire strong relations and if you happen to have one - kudos!! This is the only relationship I'm willing to entertain. But 7 - time for her to sit down with her sister and have a serious heart to heart.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:58 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,779,636 times

Old 03-20-2010, 05:03 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,979,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
x2!!

Old 03-20-2010, 05:39 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,755,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
x2!!
mushy stuff
me three

Old 03-20-2010, 06:01 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,350,177 times
Lacey, I hope u know how special I think u r, but I can't get with u on this peeve. Being connected to the person u want to be with is very powerful and it feels like that person complete u and when that person is absent from your life for whatever reason u r keenly aware something is missing. U don't feel complete. However, this does not mean u can't be whole as an individual or u r exclusively dependent upon another for happiness. I think we r all on a journey driven by our need to love and be loved. I know a lot of women fall into the trap of believing they need a man. And sometimes they do. However, being whole is a process. Life is an ongoing series of adjustments. Most people r living with plan B on one level or another; yet, u learn to roll with it and be happy despite SO/marital status.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:20 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,327,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
The need some feel to have another in their lives to feel complete. No one completes you but you!

Happy Spring!!!
I only miss being with someone when it comes time to pay the monthly bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics