Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:48 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,281,963 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

What are some of the strange/odd/unique things you have done in your car ? Hmmmm......even the PG13 things can't be called "strange/odd/unique"......I guess the most "unique" thing I ever did was drive over a "closed to through traffic" road.
(remember PG13 folks )

Bonus Question:

Wow, now I remember why I don't drive in hubcap deep mud

Extra Credit Question:

I am so proud of my granddaughter for how well she does in her ballet classes and she is not even four years old yet.

Just for Fun:
In honor of Tooth Fairy Day

How much did the Tooth Fairy leave under your pillow ? a nickel

For those that have kids, how much does the Tooth Fairy leave ?

Did you ever try to catch the Tooth Fairy ?

Today in History:
1630 - Indians introduce pilgrims to popcorn, at Thanksgiving
1888 - Golf first demonstrated in America
1879 - 1st 5 and 10 store opened by Frank W. Woolworth (Utica New York) I remember Woolworth's. Also Kress stores
1935 - Airplanes are no longer permitted to fly over the White House
1980 - "Do you believe in miracles" was heard as USA beats U.S.S.R. in Olympic hockey 4-3 en route to a gold medal

Word of the Day:
fractious \FRAK-shuhs\ , adjective;
1. Tending to cause trouble; unruly.
2. Irritable; snappish; cranky.

Today is:
National Chili Day And today is a good day for chili, too. !!
Be humble day People would do well to have a little of this all year long.
Golf Day In March!!!!
World Thinking Day People would do well to do a LOT of this all year long.
Tooth Fairy Day
Inconvenience Yourself Day Whatever for????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 07:51 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,541,562 times
Tooth Fairy Day!
In the land of magical things....you can choose your own!

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 04:06 AM..

Old 02-22-2010, 07:54 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,744,773 times
Today's Question(s):

What are some of the strange/odd/unique things you have done in your car ?
(remember PG13 folks ) The most unique thing I can say is probably sleeping in my car.

Bonus Question:

Wow, now I remember why I don't do that anymore ?

Extra Credit Question:

I am so proud of my _________ for _________ ? I got nothing.

Just for Fun:

How much did the Tooth Fairy leave under your pillow ? 25 cents

Old 02-22-2010, 07:54 AM

54,514 posts, read 33,996,018 times
Today's Question(s):

(remember PG13 folks )
In that case, I'll take the fifth on that one... - I only do one odd and unsual thing in my vehicle everyday... I just drive it!

Bonus Question:

Wow, now I remember why I don't ________ ?
Ah shoot! Now I can't remember...

Extra Credit Question:

I am so proud of my _________ for _________ ?
I have nothing to be proud of.. except.. I don't boast about things..

Just for Fun:

How much did the Tooth Fairy leave under your pillow ?
I wanted the tooth fairy to leave me a girl's phone number, but he never did, in fact he never visited me again after that..

Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,186,468 times
Morning!

Today's Question(s):

(remember PG13 folks )
Don't ask~Don't tell policy!

Bonus Question:

Wow, now I remember why I don't like Mondays!

Extra Credit Question:

I am so proud of my kids for writing wonderful letters to their very sick Aunt.

Just for Fun:

How much did the Tooth Fairy leave under your pillow ? a quarter

For those that have kids, how much does the Tooth Fairy leave ? 2 Bucks

Did you ever try to catch the Tooth Fairy ? Sure but I always fell asleep. Youngest DD always caught me though!

Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,760,376 times
GOOD MORNING.....EVERYONE !!

Today's Question(s):
.... I've changed my clothes going down the highway or change my top in the parking lot, among many other interesting and really fun things .....
There was one time I had to go to the ladies room real bad and we were stuck in heavy almost complete stop traffic on the freeway going through Portland, Oregon on our way to Seattle, WA. and could not get to a off ramp and had to, yep, you guess it , pee in a cup (large cup ) !!! LOL,
I hope that never happens again in my life. It was awful !!!

Bonus Question:
Wow, now I remember why I don't _want to be around people especially in-law's who are so controlling, nosy and think that because it is their brother or son' home they can do & say as they please, grrrrrrr !

Extra Credit Question:
I am so proud of our _Son_ for _having gone through a couple of years of real hard and difficult times to turn things around in his life then staying stuck and dwelling in self-pity_!

Just for Fun:
Somewhere between a dime and quarter.
It depend how wealthy the Fairy was at the time. Now in my day of Tooth Fairies that was a lot of money.
I could buy ten pieces of bubble gum for a nickle...or penny candy which sold for five pieces for a penny, or even a huge "Sugar Daddy" for a nickle.....

For those that have kids, how much does the Tooth Fairy leave ? Well, when my son was at that age for the "Tooth Fairy" it was a dollar !!

No, cause I knew the tooth fairy slept in the room down the hall from my sister and I ....

Today is:
National Chili Day...... That really sounds good on this cold day which we are experiencing today !!
Be humble day........... I'll do my best.....
Golf Day................. Yes, can not wait for the weather change, love to golf....
World Thinking Day..... Shouldn't people do this all the time ....
Inconvenience Yourself Day......

Old 02-22-2010, 08:06 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,494,376 times
Default Fore! after forty attempts. . .

Nothing too strange, but I have used my vehicle as a moving van, especially for things just going across town, and from one house right into another. Easiest way to move, I think! I'll load up all the towels, sheets, blankets and pillows from the linen closet(s) and drive them over, put them in the new linen closet. Do the same with clothes from the closets in the bedrooms.

I have moved the whole kitchen like this, including the pantry, pots and pan, and even the dishes and glassware, which I'll pack in the backseat of the sedan, with the dishtowels and tablecloths and placemats as 'padding.'

Now, I am sure both my Mother and mother-in-law would have an absolute stroke had they seen me move my china cabinet's contents like that, but I'll have you know I broke absolutely nothing. The professionals, even after packing the china for me, the one time I let them move us, broke a bowl and a casserole dish!

I haven't been naughty in my car, other than slipping out of my most-uncomfortable-bra, and handing it to Mr. Rdslots, just for kicks. Once, I hung it on the rearview mirror -- he planned to leave it there! I don't think so! I am sure he could tell us some risque stories of his early years of driving and his '67 Corvette. He was quite the Ladies' Man in his youth.

Wow, now I remember why I don't eat fried foods.
We had Southeastern NC barbecue, and deep-fried chicken, forlunch on Saturday, and I have been paying for it since -- first it was that heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach, then the heartburn, and today it looks like I need to stay close to a bathroom.

I am so proud of my daughter for setting her sights on landing an internship in the DC area for Summer 2010.
She landed a job with a photographer, whose work she much admires, there, and with an architectural photographer in Annapolis on the side. Last Summer, she went to the NC coast to work for a small magazine and newspaper, and benefited so much from the experience.

She was hesitant to apply for positions in large metropolitan areas, and I am thrilled she did not let her insecurities, self-doubt, *whatever* dictate what her experiences might include this Summer.

The Tooth Fairy.

One of my favorites from my childhood. I loved all things magical, and still do. I seem to remember the Tooth Fairy leaving my a dime for smaller teeth, and a quarter for the bigger ones. Molars, maybe even a little more. I usually saved the change for the Dairy Queen!

Did I ever set out to catch the Tooth Fairy? You betcha. When I wasn't successful when I was losing my teeth, I really thought I stood a fair chance when my younger sisters began losing theirs. I didn't want to catch her for monetary, or magic, gain, but wanted to ask her why she seemed 'selective' -- some of my classmates never got a Tooth Fairy visit, and I thought that was just flat-out w-r-o-n-g! She was going to get a bit more of my mouth, I tell ya!

When my own daughter was little, and even now if I'm truthful, I always wanted things to be magical for her. Santa's elves sent reminders to be on her best behavior at Christmas, leprechauns hid chocolate coins wrapped in gold foil around the perimeter of the house, and had a very small pot/cauldron that I laid on its side with a few coins spilling out -- he was almost caught, you know, and had to run to save himself! The Easter Bunny hid eggs, and of course, Santa was the most fun at Christmas.

We had a small sailboat -- a 32' foot Ranger -- that was docked about 30 minutes from the house, and we were able to spend a lot of time out on the water. Sailing buddies of ours, and dock mates, used to leave her notes in bottles from mermaids. Her Dad made her a leprechaun's pipe from a hollowed-out acorn he stumbled upon -- just pushed a little twig in one hole in the end. It was perfect.

We'd sit for hours, still as mice, in a park or the edge of a woods. I had her convinced, as well as myself, that if we were still enough, long enough, we might catch a glimpse of elves and fairies, or the other little people. In the winter, if we found frost on the windows of the house and car, I'd laugh and say, "Oh, look! The fairies' breath -- they must've been peeking in, hoping to catch a glimpse of you!"

I STILL love doing things like that.

Bet those first golfers would've NEVER believed how I play! I can drive a ball like a pro, but lose all the ground I've gained when it comes to the putt. I'd be on the green for hours, but there comes a point when I'll laugh -- after, say, 5 attempts, if I haven't gotten it by then -- and I'll pick up the ball, tell the scorekeeper to put down any number he chooses, and "Let's move on!"

Old 02-22-2010, 08:27 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,288,588 times
Morning Karla & company we have rain and fog here today but the fog is finally lifting.

(remember PG13 folks )
Probably just sleeping in it when we had a church lock in. The back seat was more comfortable than the floor of the church.

Wow, now I remember why I don't
pay for a print version of our newspaper poor quality and nothing much in it

I am so proud of my kids for just being a blessing in my life and others.
Quarter
$1.00
Naw once I was asleep I was down for the count.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:39 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,495,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Monday

Today's Question(s):

When I was in my very early 30's, I was introduced to shots of tequila. (Mind you, my alcohol intake was limited to about an occasional wine cooler!)

It wasn't so much what I did IN my van, it was ON my van!!! Everyone knows tequila makes your clothes fall off. Right????? Well, picture me nekkid, on top of my van with my friends driving it through the woods on a trail (on Cape Cod), and we're all singing and laughing hysterically!!!

I can't believe I just told you all this story! Ah.... youth! lololololololol

Bonus Question:

Wow, now I remember why I don't drink shots of tequila!!! lol

Extra Credit Question:

I am so proud of my daughter for her many accomplishments and good person she is.

Just for Fun:

How much did the Tooth Fairy leave under your pillow ? Twenty-five cents

For those that have kids, how much does the Tooth Fairy leave ? A buck a tooth!

Did you ever try to catch the Tooth Fairy ? I could never stay awake long enough!

Today in History:
1630 - Indians introduce pilgrims to popcorn, at Thanksgiving
1879 - 1st 5 and 10 store opened by Frank W. Woolworth (Utica New York)
1935 - Airplanes are no longer permitted to fly over the White House
1980 - "Do you believe in miracles" was heard as USA beats U.S.S.R. in Olympic hockey 4-3 en route to a gold medal

Today is:
National Chili Day
Be humble day
Golf Day
World Thinking Day
Tooth Fairy Day
Inconvenience Yourself Day

Karla, good luck with your tooth! My last visit was with an asthetic dentist and he created three new teeth while I spent the afternoon in the chair!

Old 02-22-2010, 08:41 AM

24,696 posts, read 26,281,122 times
(remember PG13 folks)
Probably changing clothes and necking.

Bonus Question:

Wow, now I remember why I don't do that anymore.

Extra Credit Question:

I am so proud of my #2 son for retiring from the Navy.

Just for Fun:

A quarter tops.

Nope, just leave the loot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics