Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times

Advertisements

Yep, I really did it Monday. I was trying to send my husband an e-mail in which I complained about something my boss did, and you guessed it, I accidentally sent it to her instead. It wasn't too bad, but it was obvious I was not happy about something. Can't believe I did that but the phone was busy and I accidentally "replied" to her e-mail instead of my husband's. I about had a heart attack when I realized what I did! Oops!

Have you ever had an oops like that with an e-mail? How did you handle it?

Word to the wise~BE CAREFUL, PEOPLE! Check that "send" line! And yes, I am still employed here but I doubt I'm currently on her "favorite person" list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 09:42 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,719,775 times
I've never done anything so horrifying, luckily.

Though when I got my G-mail account it let me enter my name so people knew who was sending them e-mails and I had entered my name as "Orange Fruitcake" and then forgot. I started using that e-mail account to e-mail my college professors and adviser and it took me about a year before I realized my name was still written as "Orange Fruitcake". Not mortifying but still pretty embarrassing.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:44 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
owch

Old 02-18-2010, 09:49 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Oh, ouchie..... Kaykay!!!
No, never had that happen. Thank goodness I'm retired so it won't, you know that power of suggestion thing .... you hear something and turn around and do it..... LOL !!

Old 02-18-2010, 09:50 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,043 times
I've done worse ...I thought I Text-message(through the cell phone, picture message) my wife a "Self-portrait " of what she was going to get later that night but I accidentally sent it to my neighbor's wife instead. She has the same first name as my wife...... Next time i'm going to put my reading glasses on

Old 02-18-2010, 09:59 AM

596 posts, read 889,530 times
I was the recipient of an errant instant message. Someone complaining about me to her friend and accidentally sent it to me. She was mortified. Good to know how people feel though!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:17 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,272,147 times
I wonder how many times we've done it and not realized?
I replied just the other day to who I thought was my friend (about my cousin) and sent it to my cousin instead. I remember thinking, 'good thing I took that last sentence out.' Lessons learned!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:40 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,418,502 times
Sheesh! Sorry KayKay! This is one thing I haven't done . . . yet. I guess we all need to s - l - o - w down!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:54 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
OH Amen to that ^^....I guess it IS important to slow down. I'm glad you're still employed kaykay. I don't send a lot of emails and I rarely text anyone, unless it's my kids, so I'm okay. Actually, I have my cell phone shut off most of the time, otherwise, I'd have a dead battery when I finally got around to using it. LOL Kaykay, I would have such an awful time looking at my boss, I swear...if I did something like that. OMG! The humiliation would KILL me! LOL

Old 02-18-2010, 12:13 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
I've done worse ...I thought I Text-message(through the cell phone, picture message) my wife a "Self-portrait " of what she was going to get later that night but I accidentally sent it to my neighbor's wife instead. She has the same first name as my wife...... Next time i'm going to put my reading glasses on
Hey BigMike, what did ur neighbor say? What did ur wife say? Wow ur story seriously tops mine. I am totally crazy about this guy I met online. If it is possible to fall in love online, I am so there. I compose mail, but I don't send it. U know sort of like a diary where u reveal personal feeling u would not utter. It was way too soon for me to be saying anything like that to this guy. I meant to save the email as a draft, but I sent it instead. I felt like such an incompetent fool. I could not believe it. I was embarrassed, afraid, and stunned all at the same time. I thought I might have to leave the planet to recover. I could just imagine what this guy might think after reading this email... So I immediately sent another email explaining the other email really was not for him. Anyway we have not talked in a long while. U think my email was a problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics